Pearl River Deli - Chinatown

Wait @JLee is also part thai? I

$90? That should only be if you are ordering two chickens and tipping 20% which is entirely optional!

Sorry for the confusing wording but Tock doesn’t let me word it as per chicken but rather ordering per guest which I find annoying but I’ve yet to find out how to change that. Apologies for any confusion but know I would never charge those kind of absurd prices.

3 Likes

Yes my maternal grandfather was a Chinese-Thai

3 Likes

Cool! Thanks for the info are you planning on cooking up any more Thai dishes or are you sticking to mostly canto at PRD?

We may dabble in it but I don’t wanna stray too far from the Cantonese-diaspora, so if anything we will explore Thai-Chinese dishes and other types of Chinese inspired cuisines.

8 Likes

Looking forward to it! Can’t make it this weekend but want to get your hainan chicken again at some point. I had it at a Chinatown after dark pop-up once years ago (it was the infamous one where there was a crazy long line and you ran out).

1 Like

In terms of portion size, I ordered the Hainan Chicken set last weekend (for 1-2) and it fed my family of 3 with no complaints. (and no leftovers!)

4 Likes

Stirm Riesling, nice choice.

I’ve seen Tock takeout menus that have “serves 2-3” or “serves 3-4” etc. at the end of the description.

Any chance you’ll be doing canto style roast goose?

2 Likes

Wow I would go for that!

Probably not, geese in China are much smaller than the humongous ones we have here. If I remember correctly the geese in China are about the same size as our large ducks. Also I don’t have room for the right type of oven unfortunately.

3 Likes

That’s the Vietnamese version from Hoi An.

Thanks
Re-did the order for Sunday

1 Like

gai yang, sticky rice, papaya salad
Chicken was cooked perfectly and the flavor was good. Really liked the dipping sauces. I would have preferred some more funk in the papaya salad, maybe some more fish sauce.

23 Likes

I’m guessing you were the only person who ordered the mango rice, sauce on side?

1 Like

Any chance I can special order the gai yang and mango sticky rice for next Tuesday? :drooling_face:

That was me, wanted to wait until I got home to pour the sauce over.

1 Like

We’re actually closed on Tuesdays, and we will probably only do this on the weekends.

1 Like

any chance to do brisket noodle soup like kau kee in HK?

http://www.thatfoodcray.com/best-beef-brisket-noodle-soup-kau-kee-hong-kong/

1 Like