Pearl River Deli - Chinatown

https://www.instagram.com/gnahoo_food/?hl=en

1 Like

Got the headcheese bahn mi earlier, yum.

2 Likes

For the love of Guan Yu and the Monkey King someone please eat this for me and donā€™t forget the perfect bang bang afterwards

11 Likes

Please have for me

2 Likes

Crab rangoon, dang. Is there a pupu platter in PRDā€™s future?

1 Like

Authenticity be damned, I actually really crab rangoon and cream cheese wontons, TBH.

3 Likes

I donā€™t know what Iā€™d think of crab rangoon if I wasnā€™t drunk in a tiki bar, but Iā€™d expect PRDs to be better than Trader Vicā€™s or the from-frozen Trader Joeā€™s ones they serve at Forbidden Island.

For some reason thereā€™s a crab rangoon craze among the Tiktok crowd. Donā€™t ask me why, but itā€™s now a relevant dish.

1 Like

Chef Johnny said that when he was living in Chicago, almost every Asian restaurant he went to had Crab Rangoon on the menu. Like they were required to have it on the menu or something. lol
i think thatā€™s what inspired him to make it

5 Likes

HA!!! The same in Boston. To this day, every time P see it on the menuā€¦ he orders.

Sadly it looks like this weeks pop up had some snafusā€¦ So weā€™ll try again next week.

I say this in the BEST WAY POSSIBLEā€¦ but damn does it look as good as my favorite $5/lb chinese placeā€¦

4 Likes

I love crab Rangoons, I worked at a chinese restaurant growing up and one of the highlights was getting rangoons for dinner after I got off work for free.

4 Likes

I can attest to the fact that every chinese restaurant in my town had crab rangoons

4 Likes

This just popped up on Facebook

3 Likes

FYI Sorrowful Rice is on for tomorrow

(Also zhajiangmian and donuts)

2 Likes

Wow. For tomorrow lunch service. Iykyk

9 Likes
11 Likes

congrats to the team! Doing real work for the culture.

Hopefully wonā€™t be too busy when I go in for lunch Friday ha ha ha

3 Likes

A cool thing that Johnny likes to do is to help popups at his location on days that PRD is closed. Especially his employees who have their mini pop up businesses like Dai Pie Dong and Banh Ho Mi

11 Likes

Well deserved.
Glad Bladdy mentioned the wonderful Thai, Viet and other cuisines Johnny does so nicely.

5 Likes

YOOOOO. This Egg Foo Young replaced the shrimp scramble and Iā€™m here for it. Incredible. Softly scrambled. Savory but delicate brown sauce. I ate a whole one with rice by myself.

21 Likes