permanent

ooe

char siu scramble sando, pineapple bun

char siu

soy sauce chicken

typhoon shelter shrimp

chu pa bao
Fucking delicious, must order
I brought this back to my car and defiled it, it wasn’t pretty.

char siu
Tender, fatty and really good, could have used a bit more sweet/salty glaze though.

tomato and egg stir fry
Delicious and the rice was a huge improvement.

soy sauce chicken
Very good, the chicken was flavored all the way through and was much better than my first visit.

19 Likes

Congrats, @JLee!

3 Likes

Yeaaaaaaahh! @JLee made me a believer in chicken broth and I’ve taken a ton of out town guests to his previous venture. So excited to have the new spot within walking distance!

1 Like

When’s the FTC night?

4 Likes

I’m excited to read that there will possibly be vegetarian options coming!

2 Likes

Bravo @JLee !

Bookmarking for a future visit for sure when I can come down again, sake & wine FTC dinner!!!

2 Likes
1 Like

chu pa bao
Fucking delicious, must order @Chowseeker1999, @attran99, @A5KOBE, @butteredwaffles, @paranoidgarliclover, @Sgee
I brought this back to my car and defiled it, it wasn’t pretty.

char siu
Tender, fatty and really good, could have used a bit more sweet/salty glaze though.

tomato and egg stir fry
Delicious and the rice was a huge improvement. @JeetKuneBao

soy sauce chicken
Very good, the chicken was flavored all the way through and was much better than my first visit.

20 Likes

Hi @PorkyBelly,

Thanks for the report back! :smile: Is that Chu Pa Bao the same one that @JeetKuneBao and others talk about? (The “Pineapple Bun Pork Chop”?) Or is it a new variation? Thanks.

It all looks delicious.

2 Likes

Oh, damn.

Damn my tomato egg at home looks absolutely nothing like that!

2 Likes

Fly Eagles.

1 Like

Nice, where did the piece of uni sushi come from?

Technically it’s “Ju Pa Bo Lor Bao”

2 Likes

:smile: That’s the @PorkyBelly companion that goes everywhere. It’s for scale. :slight_smile: Either that, or @PorkyBelly secretly saved the Uni from Shunji to bring along to pair with the Hong Kong BBQ.

2 Likes

Hahahhaah! Slipped that one in there. Usually i catch that. It’s the FTC version of all those cartoon characters on buildings in Paris

2 Likes

This all looks so damn good right now. I can’t take it.

4 Likes

Were there a lot of customers there picking up?

It’s the same btw just the phonetic Canto name.

You should definitely add this place to your Canto/HK food thread! I wish you got to try Needle before it closed…

1 Like

Yep it’s the same one, listed as macau pork chop bun on the menu. Hope you get to try it.

1 Like

Not when I was there, I was the only one.