permanent

ooe

char siu scramble sando, pineapple bun

char siu

soy sauce chicken

typhoon shelter shrimp

chu pa bao
Fucking delicious, must order
I brought this back to my car and defiled it, it wasn’t pretty.

char siu
Tender, fatty and really good, could have used a bit more sweet/salty glaze though.

tomato and egg stir fry
Delicious and the rice was a huge improvement.

soy sauce chicken
Very good, the chicken was flavored all the way through and was much better than my first visit.

The chicken whisper is back and his hainan chicken is as good as ever. This was absolutely delicious. The meat was supple, moist, and silky smooth; rice was fragrant and delicious; the sauces were spot-on, even the gailan was perfectly cooked.

The ordering process had a few hiccups but it was worth it.

hainan chicken, rice, broth, gailan, pickled cucumbers

some more sides for your chicken. mapo tufu had a nice balanced heat, and the meiji tofu was excellent. the macau pork chop bun is still cat’s meow. but the surprise hit was the mushroom chow fun.

macau pork chop bun

mapo tofu

mushroom chow fun

char siu pork

so good i had to get round two, just as great as before. the texture and mouthfeel of the chicken is perfect.
my only suggestion has to do with the packaging, maybe it’s a covid sourcing issue, but the paper takeout containers get pretty soggy on the bottom and tends to stick to the food. the black plastic ones are a lot better.

gai yang, sticky rice, papaya salad
Chicken was cooked perfectly and the flavor was good. Really liked the dipping sauces. I would have preferred some more funk in the papaya salad, maybe some more fish sauce.

prd x amboy

fried black cod fillets with corn sauce
The fish was perfectly fried, crispy, moist and flaky. Be sure to open the container right away to prevent steaming and eat right away, this won’t travel well.

classic double - custom blended burger patties, caramelized onions, american cheese, burger pickles and burger sauce in between a toasted sesame seed bun from bread bar la
Burger was good, fries were excellent.

soy sauce chicken
pretty good

jowl
delicious

hainan chicken plate
As good as ever. Perfect texture and mouthfeel.

The wontons were excellent, loved the shrimpy porkiness and nice thin wrappers.

22 Likes

Congrats, @JLee!

3 Likes

Yeaaaaaaahh! @JLee made me a believer in chicken broth and I’ve taken a ton of out town guests to his previous venture. So excited to have the new spot within walking distance!

1 Like

When’s the FTC night?

4 Likes

I’m excited to read that there will possibly be vegetarian options coming!

3 Likes

Bravo @JLee !

Bookmarking for a future visit for sure when I can come down again, sake & wine FTC dinner!!!

2 Likes
1 Like

chu pa bao
Fucking delicious, must order @Chowseeker1999, @attran99, @A5KOBE, @butteredwaffles, @paranoidgarliclover, @Sgee
I brought this back to my car and defiled it, it wasn’t pretty.

char siu
Tender, fatty and really good, could have used a bit more sweet/salty glaze though.

tomato and egg stir fry
Delicious and the rice was a huge improvement. @JeetKuneBao

soy sauce chicken
Very good, the chicken was flavored all the way through and was much better than my first visit.

21 Likes

Hi @PorkyBelly,

Thanks for the report back! :smile: Is that Chu Pa Bao the same one that @JeetKuneBao and others talk about? (The “Pineapple Bun Pork Chop”?) Or is it a new variation? Thanks.

It all looks delicious.

2 Likes

Oh, damn.

Damn my tomato egg at home looks absolutely nothing like that!

2 Likes

Fly Eagles.

1 Like

Nice, where did the piece of uni sushi come from?

Technically it’s “Ju Pa Bo Lor Bao”

2 Likes

:smile: That’s the @PorkyBelly companion that goes everywhere. It’s for scale. :slight_smile: Either that, or @PorkyBelly secretly saved the Uni from Shunji to bring along to pair with the Hong Kong BBQ.

2 Likes

Hahahhaah! Slipped that one in there. Usually i catch that. It’s the FTC version of all those cartoon characters on buildings in Paris

2 Likes

This all looks so damn good right now. I can’t take it.

4 Likes

Were there a lot of customers there picking up?

It’s the same btw just the phonetic Canto name.

You should definitely add this place to your Canto/HK food thread! I wish you got to try Needle before it closed…

1 Like

Yep it’s the same one, listed as macau pork chop bun on the menu. Hope you get to try it.

1 Like

Not when I was there, I was the only one.