Piazza Mozza

That is a relief because this I had this for takeout and it suffered tremendously. Yours looks so much better. All this takeout has really shined a light on how good the food tastes fresh.

1 Like

It’s (la)sagne a pezzi, American-style curly-edged lasagne broken in pieces.

First day with indoor dining today - we originally booked the Piazza but it was freezing. Service was…unwelcoming. Sergio was around but busy. I don’t think I’ll go back to Osteria, Pizza is still a hit with me on the merits of the food alone.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t make any long-term judgments about any restaurant in current circumstances. Reopening after all this time and with weird restrictions is similar to opening a new restaurant.

3 Likes

We were there last night too.
The Mozzarella Bar dishes were the best.
Pastas were pretty good but not as great as felix.
There was a duck confit that was a whole half-duck, not the “hindquarter only,” I am used to seeing. Was quite good but the Pear Mostarda accompaniement was just an overly sweet pear goop - no bite of mustard flavor. Took home 1/2 the duck, or more. Other main courses Orata and Tagliata didn’t wow anyone.
Agree with you on the service, was hard to get much attention when needed, and agree with @robert that I’m giving restaurants a lot of leeway for fuck-ups now.

7 Likes

Completely agree with you and robert!

Funny we probably saw each other there, we ordered almost the same dishes.

1 Like

Had a nice Osteria-menu meal with friends last night. Service was great. Really pleasant space.