Pizza in SoCal

Made it down to Little Coyote in Long Beach yesterday…I shared a 1/2 plain cheese, 1/2 sausage pie with my friend…The pizza is NY style and it was absolutely superb…the crust was slightly blistered and had an excellent hole structure…One of the owners told me it was made with King Arthur flour, the Lancelot type which is high gluten and the dough was cold fermented for 2 days, I believe…the sausage was a flavor bomb! it was an Italian pork sausage with fennel that they pinch into delicious chunks, the best mode for sausage(IMHO)…It was a fairly large pie cut into 6 large slices of which 2 went home with me…they heated up perfectly later that night. Sorry, only one photo. I will add that we got there around 3:30pm, a perfect time as there were no other customers and easy street parking on a cute commercial street, 4th St…The owner told me they get pretty busy by 5pm and they were doing pretty well in the “viral” environment.

14 Likes

It’s a very good pie. I need to get back down there.
It was a zoo the last time we went on a Saturday around 6pm.
Will have to go on off hours.

@lapizzamaven how would you rank vs Pizza Wagon? Very different pies but both are tasty.

3 Likes

definitely, go off hours!

1 Like

So, it’s cut into 6 slices? That’s not an 18” pie is it?

Looks REALLY good!

2 Likes

Gr8pimpin, I didn’t measure but it was pretty big…6 pretty big slices!

1 Like

I went to Pizza Wagon tonight because of your post :smiley:

1 Like

luv it! once you start thinkin about pizza, it’s just a matter of time before you go get it! Im due for South End next before I go back to Pizza Wagon! good to know theres been no decline!

1 Like

it’s definitely one of my favorite pizzas in the city right now.

1 Like

I’ve missed you old friend. Village pizza!

4 Likes

i got in for the chris bianco special pop up on Friday

3 Likes

Wow so jelly I tried and they were sold out :frowning:

1 Like

Wow, where was it?

Just read a story on the place in Eater:

2 Likes

unbelievable how these corporate landlords are strangling neighborhoods! they should be lined up against a wall and given a cigarette and a bandana…these Pig!

3 Likes