Pizza Mania

Then you have the wrong job

Do it! I’ll come buy a slice at your pizza restaurant!

I work for myself and I’m a big proponent of embracing your entrepreneurial passions if your risk profile allows for it.

2 Likes

Easy now. Job can’t just become two shops or 3 shops suddenly. Only 1 out of 100 gets to go to CFO level in my field. Growth scale is not comparable.

I don’t know what kind of job you have but knowing some of the profit margins in the restaurant areas you don’t have to work on a CFO level (at least in my area of work) to have much better income in anin-restaurant owner job (if you aren’t able to start a successful restaurant chain)

I understand. But I can grow it more than I can in the career. No I don’t have a bad job

I’ve heard that the pain of natural childbirth is the same as owning your own business. And retail??? No, honey.

The problem is that a lot of people believe that their restaurant idea is special (or their product quality will be unique) and thereby believe that they have a better shot in being successful in the restaurant business compared to everybody else when the statistics tell a different story. In addition, even with successful restaurants the profit margin (and the ultimate profits) I have seen are not worth it (at least for me - but that obviously really depends on everybody’s total income)

ok but i’ve done it for years before and really became food obsessive in the 25 since so can make it way better… and now have 20 years of driving business in my career… … my product is better than any pizza i’m finding around and it would only be a local pizza/slice shop servicing an underserved neighbrhood with nothing nearly comparable. i shouldnt be in the same restaurant failure rate as the average and wont really be competing with regular restaurants. i dont see how that would fail. yes i understand how much there is in ways of SRS and expenses on a pizza p&l

Think of Joe’s or Prime but better

i and my soft hands appreciate your skepticism btw

6 Likes

Just because you think your pizza is better than everything else doesn’t mean many people think the same. There are many restaurants which serve better food than other places around them and they still don’t survive. There is a reason many people (large % of the population) only see food as fuel and care little about quality differences. And underserved in terms of hardly any pizza place close by or no pizza place you think has the same quality level but otherwise a lot of pizza places nearby ?

Hi @Nemroz,

Nice. :slight_smile: But I want to try some of that amazing Uzbek Plov with Lamb you were showing off 2 years ago to @bulavinaka and all of us! :slight_smile: I’d wait in line for that any day! :grin:

YES. Maybe it can be a reverse of Lodge Bread’s old Sunday Pizza Night. Serve pizza throughout the week, then uzbek plov at a select time on Sunday evenings.

2 Likes

if it happens there will be space for specials like whatever the hell i want haha

2 Likes

nike

1 Like

I’m a “senior citizen” (71) and for decades when considering what I may or may not want to do, I ask myself ‘what’s the worst that can happen?’ If “death” isn’t it then go for it.

1 Like

I’m a risk taker. I’ve failed, succeeded, failed. It’s been a worthy adventure. If you have a support system (moral) and there’s a chance you’d be happier and more fulfilled… DO IT!!

It sounds like you want this. Didn’t you bring this up in another thread?

1 Like

I agree. Their house-made sausage is 2legit.

4 Likes

You seem pretty chummy and friendly with various restaurant owners. Maybe they will let you use it for a few hours. Start with a popup.

And see where that goes.

Most of the major LA food writers read and lurk on this board too so you potentially got that.

3 Likes

Great advice Jeet

except the attitude of the wait staff at Lodge made me want to beat their asses with the pizza peel!

I hear the profit margin in a pizzeria is pretty good as long as you’re not being gouged for rent!