Pizzeria Bianco

Quick … actually … Long question:

I work in Westwood. My elderly mom lives in Granada Hills. On Friday, I offered to pick her up in GH, drive her to The Row for pizza. She’s been craving pizza and I’d like to do something nice to her.

She suggested I go get the pizza in DTLA and just bring it to her house. That’s a lot less driving for me.

Question: Does Pizzeria Bianco do, like, regular takeout? From reading this thread, it sort of feels like everything is set up to eat on the premises. So, before I drive all the way to The Row only to find out they aren’t doing “to go” – I thought I’d ask folks who have been before.

FWIW - I get that it’s gonna taste better if we eat it there. But I’m just asking about the to-go situation.

(if this has already been answered, my bad. There are so many posts in this thread.)

Thanks to all.

6 Likes

Can’t answer about takeout but that’s quite a hike for you. Are you set on Bianco or would you consider other options that might be more convenient?

1 Like

Yes they do takeout! I even got a full-sized pizza box for my two slices last week.

2 Likes

You can do Pizzana after work. Prime and Pizza Wagon is closer unless you are dead set on Bianco.

3 Likes

There’s pizzeria sei on the westside

4 Likes

Joe’s Santa Monica. Or Pizza Wagon of Brooklyn.

#LessShlep #TastesGreat

2 Likes

They do whole pizza take out

1 Like

Unless they’ve changed their hours, the place closes at 3PM (in case you’re not done w/ work by then…).

Thanks for all the responses – really appreciate them

Just wanted to say “thanks” again.

Drove from WLA to ROW DTLA. Quick line, maybe ten folks. Took like ten minutes.

Ordered a salami pie to go. Drove to Granada Hills.

Warmed the slices for 10 minutes at 350 degrees. Came out perfect. As good as Phoenix.

It’s great pizza and – in all honesty – I don’t eat pizza all that much.

My mom loved it.

Thanks.

36 Likes

You’re a gold medal son

4 Likes

4 posts were split to a new topic: Maximum distance you’ve driven for a meal?

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cg5RAmoPgxu/

3 Likes

Lol, we were there at lunch today and I’m pretty sure I saw someone bring that exact pie out to Chris Bianco for that picture. Pizza was great, like the NYC-ish slices more than the square slices (market slice today was sausage and pepper, no tomato sauce). Arugula, fennel, peach salad had good quality ingredients, but could have used more salt.

5 Likes

12 Likes

reservations open for dinner. review forthcoming?

https://www.opentable.com/r/pizzeria-bianco-la-los-angeles

5 Likes

Got a rezzy for 815 Friday will report back

3 Likes

From the looks of their menu it looks like they are serving a spare menu with pies that they serve at the phoenix location.

Anyone have any recs or experience at the OG pizzeria biancos?

4 Likes

anyone know if they serve beer and wine, liquor?

1 Like

marg and wiseguy are fantastic.

3 Likes