Pizzeria Bianco

Ive loved Chris’ sausage for over 20 years!!! wait, that doesn’t sound right…

7 Likes

so sorry, PorkyBelly, im stealing your phrase, serendipitous sausage penetration!!!

3 Likes

Haha that may be why you weren’t crazy about Bianco’s and I (not a huge sausage gal) am. They’re thin and crispy not fat and sausage-y and the fennel seed is mild imo.

1 Like

Hah! I was just typing “Take it. I stole it from @PorkyBelly.” :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

I actually really enjoyed it except I did not love that sausage and carmelized onion pizza probably my least favorite item.

Will try sausage on a different pizza next time and def need to get that antipasto plate.

3 Likes

LOL, i’m not sure serendipitous sausage penetration sounds better than loving Chris’ sausage :slight_smile:

6 Likes

we’re all friends here…ha,ha!

1 Like

Probably a real long shot but anybody want to trade reservations? I have a reservation for 4 people at 5:30pm on Thursday, January 19th. Looking for a 4 person Saturday reservation in December or January.

I’ll probably just end up giving the reservation away at some point but worth a try. If I don’t get any trade takers I’ll repost this later.

“Serendipitous Sausage Penetration.”

Hmm…I see a new commentator name in the offing…

2 Likes

I had a purposeful sausage penetration on my Margherita slice tonight thanks to running into the inventor @PorkyBelly who told me to do so. ROW was crawling with food talkers tonight. :blush:

Review forthcoming…

14 Likes

A heads up, looks like they’re opening dinner service on Tuesdays, lots of reservations available right now for upcoming Tuesdays.

10 Likes

https://www.opentable.com/r/pizzeria-bianco-la-los-angeles

5 Likes

Thanks for sending out the bat signal.

7 Likes

A bang bang with Kato before your Tue dinner at Bianco would be perfect

2 Likes

Dessert boba + a milk punch night cap is definitely following my bianco res

6 Likes

Rappahannock Oyster Bar - ROW

It was 4:30 on a Friday and we had no Bianco reservations. We sat and sipped while keeping an eagle eye on their door.

’19 Jean-Jacques Auchere Sancerre/Old Fashioned

It worked. We got in. They are definitely walk-in friendly early in the eve @js76wisco.

Surreptitious background photo of Sergio…

2021 Habit Wine Co. Syrah Blend (chilled)

I think they do a very good job of selecting wines that go really well with pizza. Very tasty.

Prosciutto, Burrata, Persimmon & Fresno Chiles

I would’ve liked the persimmon a little more ripe but it was still an excellent dish. Recommended.

Half Sonny Boy & Half Margherita

I think the Margherita is my favorite, so far. I know what I said about the Sonny Boy, but more than the porky delicious Sonny Boy I think the Margherita is the real essence of Bianco’s pizza - the simplicity highlights that crust, the tomato sauce and the mozzarella! Margherita is slightly wetter in the middle because Margherita but still folds perfectly. Again with the bursty, crispy, light, chewy cornicione. :hearts:

Fennel Sausage

Yep, still love the sausage. Tasted a little pepperoni-ish tang this time. Either stuffed and folded in a slice or just popped in my mouth this is a dangerous plate of food for me. :blush:

Passionfruit Sorbetto w/Chocolate Bits filled w/Candied Rose Petals, Walnuts and Idk what all else, sprinkled with Flaky Salt & Cayenne. Shortbread Cookie.

All kinds of flavor and lovely texture. Don’t pass on their Sorbettos! :hearts:

Okay, my husband isn’t particularly in awe of celebrities and celebrity-types… which means he has no problem approaching them! I stopped him from accosting Sergio last time. Not this time! He went over and told him my dad was also from the Bronx and made him come to our table. :open_mouth: So I have officially met Chris Bianco. I was relieved when the couple next to us started fanboying with him over Chef’s Table. We chatted about how well the series is produced and he gave us some tidbits about the process and the attention to little details. He couldn’t have been sweeter or more humble.

Another happy time at Pizzeria Bianco!

23 Likes

Thanks @PorkyBelly we don’t mind a nice early bird dinner special. We’ll have to give it a try one weekend sans reservations.

3 Likes

https://www.theinfatuation.com/los-angeles/reviews/pizzeria-bianco

2 Likes

unverified max experiences flaccidity
https://www.instagram.com/stories/highlights/17847036539876832/

3 Likes

So….call to make sure Sergio is in the house.

2 Likes