Pizzeria Bianco

Eh given the current state of LA pizza I just don’t see this as a game changer anymore.

4 Likes

I love this space. I love that it’s in the city center.

Uh … I guess from the perspective of Hermosa Beach, it might seem like it.

1 Like

maybe he thinks he’s opening in las vegas

Why does it have to be a game changer? It’s just more fuel to the fire of keeping LA near the top of the pizza temple

3 Likes

this interests me
Bianco will also install an electric deck oven to do things like New York-style slices and other ready-to-eat dishes during the day.

3 Likes

definitely won’t be a game changer, but i see it as a welcome addition. haven’t been to his phoenix spot so i’m excited to try his pies.

4 Likes

Interesting that he’s taking over the former PCP space, and not going into the former Tartine/Alameda Supper Club spot that he was involved with earlier.

Yeah those spots have a very specific design and probably wasn’t what he thought would be best for this iteration of Pizzeria Bianco, but also just keeps me curious what eventually will open up there.

The Tartine space is absurdly huge. I bet the landlord will divide it up.

3 Likes

Im thrilled! Chris Bianco is the Pope of Pizza and I can’t wait for his pies!

2 Likes

No doubt the LA pizza scene has been revolutionized over the last 10+ years but Bianco still will be a great addition!

1 Like

I feel like Row DTLA is a bad spot for this and will never be the lines out the door destination he has in Phoenix. I hope I’m wrong.

6 Likes

He must be getting a crazy good rent deal as Tartine was a massive bust and he must have realized location had a lot to do with that failure.

1 Like

They kind of already have? I was just at Pikunico on Sunday and they’ve reopened the soft serve window, and there’s now a small market (lots of chips and soft drinks with some other goods) through the door to the right of it.

It looks like it’s making use of the fridges on the far left side of the the pastry case space, but now there is a wall up separating it from the rest of it.

The question is will be be able to have a wood fired oven and source the pecan wood he uses in Phoenix? When I went recently (see phx thread) it was a noticeable component

9 Likes

a kato bianco bang bang would be perfect :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

1 Like

Ah, coming soon

12 Likes

Exciting. Can’t wait to bang bang with Kato

2 Likes

coming sooner

https://www.instagram.com/p/CdOP6-LLP7w/

4 Likes

They haven’t settled on a menu or prices yet.

Annoying AF.

3 Likes

Why do they have to settle on a menu or prices when they are still a few weeks away from opening?