Pizzeria Bianco

NY Style Salami Slice = Calabrese salami

Having calabrese salami, while delicious, immediately contradicts “NY style”

All the food was free today :wink:

Huge crowd came out to support. Sergio personally came out to thank people for waiting in line and dapped up a bunch of his friends while I was there.

Sundays with smorgasburg are going to be mobbed.

Mortadella

Bread is perfect and peppers come on the side.

NY Green Slice & Alla Pala

Piping hot slices

Bianco makes good pizza.

19 Likes

$5-6 for a large slice of good pizza made with first-rate ingredients seems reasonable to me.

On the other hand, $5 for a bottle of sugar water or $3 for a can of aspartame water seems ridiculous.

1 Like

on par with danny boy’s and less than gjusta.

3 Likes

tldr

:frowning_with_open_mouth: x 3
:cry: x 2
:open_mouth: x 2
:slight_smile: x 1
:blush: x 1
:heart: x 1

@Chowseeker1999 second in line for the soft open.

10 Likes

TLDR still manages to be irritating.

10 Likes

OK, I think it’s safe to say that as of this week, LA may very well be the best pizza city in the country! yep, went to Pizzeria Bianco this afternoon and while it may only be open for lunch till next month, the pizza I had today was everything I’ve been dreaming for ever since the turn of the millennium when I would drive 6 hours to Phoenix only to then stand in line for 3 more hours before Chris opened his doors to serve the best pizza Id ever tasted! the entire experience was pizza paradise! plenty of parking in the garage on the DTLA ROW complex…a one block walk to Bianco’s and today, a 10 minute wait before ordering 2 NY style salami slices…I won’t bother to go into great detail but I will add that I had a beautiful conversation with Chris who is always so generous with his time…suffice it to say the crust, the most crucial element of great pizza was perfectly blistered and puffy with a great hole structure…light and chewy and topped with perfect salami, mozz and sauce…with the high price of gas, I may have to move to DTLA!
![_DSC6688 (1)|690x459](upload://7T

HKQM96r4cxP9WiVZqKCvXeqDe.jpeg)

15 Likes

15 Likes

Was there today around 1:15pm…short wait to order and not long to get my 2 NY style salami slices…definitely agree that I dont get the “NY style” but it was perfect for me!

3 Likes

I loved the 2 slices I had today…I was unimpressed with Danny Boy’s…especially being told by the pizzaiolo that it was the best pizza in LA…hubris is never pretty…

1 Like

any updates on lines? gonna head over at 12 tmrw!

Very easy wait (2 deep only) when I went at lunchtime last Friday. Fast service.

8 Likes

Headed over last Friday and lines were very light. Very pleased with my slices although the sandwiches looked delightful. Phil from the Netflix show Somebody Feed Phil was also there with a crew and ordered what appeared to be the entire menu. The whole pies looked other worldly, so I may wait until dinner service but definitely wouldn’t be upset to find myself there again for lunch (looks like their setting up a slick coffee/beer/wine program).

8 Likes

I enjoyed the mortadella

14 Likes

Went today at 12pm. Line was about 6-7 parties deep.

Ordered four whole pizzas. 6 of the square slices. Two sandwiches and two salads

Spoke to Chris for a bit. Real pleasure as always. Just a genuine dude.

The basic cheese pizza is a magic New York slice. Just super well done. Also really like the marinara sauce (no cheese) which has that wonderful sweet tomato sauce. Wasn’t in love with the green za. The meat za was well received but I didn’t try it for obvious reasons.

Btw don’t sleep on Championship bottle out of oregon. Really great wines at sub $35 a btl

29 Likes

those pies look great!

3 Likes

Damn I gotta have lunch with you if Clos Rougeard is what you sip on! Did you bring that or are they selling it?

3 Likes

I brought it. Got my allocation last week so wanted to see what the vintage was like under Antoine

3 Likes

hated Danny Boy’s…had a nice conversation with Danny…the damn crust is softer than a limp dick…that aint NY style pizza and frankly thats not good any style of pizza…which is a bummer because the pies look great and the toppings are delish…so cmon, Danny boy, the pipes, the pipes are calling…and they’re screaming “Fix the Crust!”

4 Likes

How did it compare with the foldie at Mother Wolf?

1 Like