Pizzeria Sei

how was the pizza?

Perfect chew on the crust. It’s close-ish to me so it’ll replace the La Morra sized hole in my stomach. Though I agree with @NYCtoLA this feels more pure neopolitan, and in a good way!! Plus no pepperoni, which I like because then I can’t order it

9 Likes

This place rules. Thanks all for the heads up.

1 Like

they take reservations on yelp if you want to dine in.

https://www.yelp.com/biz/pizzeria-sei-los-angeles-2

3 Likes

because of @NYCtoLA’s bad influence I had to try a few pies to pregame before dinner at maude (review forthcoming).

I’m not a fan of the whole soupy center, fork and knife neapolitans, but I really enjoyed these japanese style ones. everything @NYCtoLA described about the crust was spot on, pillowy with a mochi like chew but also with a slight crisp to it.

pro tip: ask for it savoy style if you want your pies with the proper amount of olive oil and salt.

pizzeria_sei_ezgif.com-gif-maker (54)

piping hot

pizzeria_sei_ezgif.com-gif-maker (56)

marinara - tomato, garlic, basil, oregano, extra virgin olive oil, sea salt

no soupy center

margherita - tomato, fior di latte, basil, extra virgin olive oil, sea salt

funghi - fior di latte, shaved mushroom, slow roasted garlic, pecorino, oregano, fresh thyme

22 Likes

Just had the Diavola. Really good. People who are running it are super nice. Pie is hot, great crust.

4 Likes

FTC folks cleaned them out this weekend and they closed early.

7 Likes

Tip: Go for lunch, was not busy at all.

Pizzas were pretty great.

Don’t sleep on the Salami salad either:

cherry tomato, cucumber, salami, provolone, avocado, whole grain mustard

16 Likes

the influence of @NYCtoLA

2 Likes

Look at what you all did.

4 Likes

fucking :peacock::peacock::peacock:

2 Likes

Got a res for Sunday night 7:30

LOL only one other customer was there when I visited a mere one week ago.

1 Like

I did online delivery Saturday afternoon. Wouldn’t do it again as opposed to pick up because I live very close by but the pizza was rather cold by the time it had made it to my place and I was not in the mood to reheat. The crust was very very good. One of the nicest pizzas I have gotten in L.A. Definite addition to the dining scene.

Does anyone know what the parking situation is like for quick pick up. And how far spaced are any outdoor tables. I want to give the restaurant a better test than the mediocre delivery procedure.

4 Likes

there’s one dedicated parking spot in the back and a bunch of metered street parking. I didn’t have any trouble parking the two non-prime times I went.

two tables outside

5 Likes

I leave town for a week intending to go here tomorrow and look what you all did.

8 Likes

Ronan is (probably) just as good, plus tons of non-pizza options.

NB: This is based on zero visits to Sei. But will go soon to back up my (mostly) baseless assertion – the pedigree is the same and the pies appear identical.

4 Likes

Speaking of baseless assertions, someone who i trust on bread and pizza was there recently and said it was good but not all that different from Roberta’s

Thoughts?

2 Likes

salami salad - cherry tomato, cucumber, salami, provolone, avocado, whole grain mustard dressing

prosciutto, mozzarella di bufala, arugula, extra virgin olive oil, sea salt

marinara - tomato, garlic, basil, oregano, extra virgin olive oil, sea salt

ezgif.com-gif-maker (58)

diavola - tomato, fior di latte, basil, soppressata, chili flakes, olive, parmigiano reggiano, extra virgin olive oil

bismarck - fior di latte, prosciutto cotto, egg, pecorino, basil, truffle oil, sea salt

21 Likes

Anyone eaten at Seirinkan in Tokyo? Is it pretty damn close?