Pointer post: Chicago to LA drive

Respectfully disagree. Nebraska is a bit of a wasteland, although I found a great burger place in Grand Island (which is no longer an island), but Iowa is full of great eats as is western Illinois. Oklahoma does have onion burgers, but not sure its worth it for the scenery. There is good food out of major cities in America.

My sister’s town in Iowa. It has a brew pub, a martini bar that serves sushi (no I am not stupid enough to eat sushi in Iowa), a couple of brilliant regional cuisine restaurants, and a beautiful river (which has been flooded all year). Don’t discount flyover country.

Plus a great main street, a diverse populace, and an historic hotel for $109 a night. Wal Mart is well outside of town and the locals don’t patronize it. Edited to mention this pic was taken at 5:30 AM as I was driving out of town. Main Street bustles all day.

I think you had the wrong link…

Definitely inside the sandwich. No tartar sauce involved. We mid west guys need to stick together!

I always wanted to take a tour of the U.S. . I know you didn’t go coast to coast. Kudos for you driving and not flying.

1 Like

I love road trips. You see so much and meet so many wonderful people. Its a great country and we need to take it back!

1 Like