Pok Pok Phat Thai - guess what... Good Pad Thai!

yes, it has closed. But it also reopened next door as “Endorffeine”. seriously, do you guys NOT read Eater?

Jack’s hours are pretty insane. [edit] It’s 8am-6pm weekdays, weekends 8-8pm, off Tues.

those hours are not bad. maybe I can get down there.

what’s eater for fuck’s sake ???

Tony, the second most difficult food site to read other than CH is EATER. Maybe you could help them out with that. The only reason why we read EATER is because of YOU!

tony writes for eater ???

nope.

–Dommy!

Yup impossible to find shit there

But be sure post a link when tony cupcakes has an article.

that’s sweet but no, really, contributors are so low on the totem pole I’m not actually on the pole. sorry for the new pull quote feature + the new UI… at least it’s not as bad as new Chowhound :triumph: but the intent is the same. scroll + top banner/inline ads = FML.

too bad. i mean, there’s even well written long form now.

PS: discourse’s highlight then multi-quote feature is AMAZEBALLS.

2 Likes

[quote=“TonyC, post:27, topic:467”]
multi-quote feature is AMAZEBALLS.
[/quote]‘’

Yep! Although I still wish the post would thread. :confused:

Try using that instead. It’s much more orderly than the mess of a layout that is their homepages.

3 Likes

Thanks a bunch. So much better!

3 Likes

They should’ve opened somewhere in the Westside - I think Pok Pok Phat Thai would have killed it out this way.

2 Likes

I liked it but was never sure how it was supposed to work. It’s right next to Chego, Howlin Rays and LASA. All of which are destination worthy. Why go to the simple pad Thai shack if you drive all the way there? And if you’re local… The other dining options still always seem much more exciting.

You must really know you’re screwed when the place next door has a 100 person line all day and no one spills over into your place at all…

As I was standing there last week, I wondered to myself how long PPPT would last. In the hour that I stood there for HR, not a single soul walked into PPPT.

I think people just weren’t into dressing the pad thai themselves. I tried it twice and just wished it was great out of the gate, like Sticky Rice’s

5 Likes

I like the Kuay Teow Kua Gai. Decent wok breathe flavor.

I also saw they have hoi thawt. I like the ones at Siam Sunset and it’s cheaper

What do you think would be a concept for Ricker to bring in here? I’m thinking it would be super cool to do a street food spot with grilled things on sticks, everything available for takeout, etc.

5 Likes

Tell me if I’m wrong but I always just thought that Pok Pok Phat Thai was just a place holder until the mother ship opened down the street?

Seems weird to keep a placeholder open for a year and a half

Nah it was meant to be successful. He always opens 3 places. I’m surprised there was no Whiskey Soda Lounge. That might’ve worked better funnily enough.