Poltergeist

Damn, I had such high hopes.

Thanks to @PorkyBelly and company for scouting this out. Had a great meal last night by ordering the highlights from their first meal. Thai caesar was a highlight for me, I really like the reference to thai green curry in the dressing. Octopus was solid, but not a standout. Prawns were excellent and cooked well, we went to Ototo before hand and I regret not getting the softshell transparentsea farms shrimp to compare. Beef and Broccoli didnā€™t really hit the flavor notes I was expecting, I think there was 5 spice in the beef filling? Not a bad dish though, didnā€™t find it too sweet. Grilled dorade was cooked well and I liked the sauces a lot, wish we had better knives to carve up the flatbread though! Pricing is very fair. Go in with reasonable expectations and youā€™ll be satisfied.

8 Likes

My report from last night:

My party of two got parker house roll, green goddess salad, bucatino and lamb neck. Tap water and one bottle of Topo Chico.

[shout out to the woman at table next to us talking with server about the difficulties of purchasing unknown cans of booze at Erewhon. Madame, you made this middle aged lady giggle.]

Not to be too punny, but Iā€™m echoing the other comments. The music is damn loud.

My parker house roll was soft and delightful, with fully spiced and flavored fresno butter. One of my table runners mumbled descriptions and bolted off, the other took his time, repeated back the food order reminding us what we were about to eat.

I loved the bucatino and would happily go back for it. The absolute dream would be for it to come as chewy as the noodles at DX LAB.

3 Likes
3 Likes

Had a pretty dope meal here tonight. 4 folks, Thai cesar was in fact delicious. Lamb neck was great and shockingly cheap? In total we came out 40 pre tip with a drink each. Also really enjoyed the beef and broccoli ravioli

Only miss for us was the chochoyotes. Great flavor on the sauce but couldā€™ve used more things to dip into the curry, maybe even some raw veggies

6 Likes
2 Likes

Do any FTC members write for the infatuation or timeout?

2 Likes

I doubt it, but who knows?

Lolol I had written an extensive takedown of that article but woulda felt bad if its author was on here.

5 Likes

I wouldnā€™t expect someone who wrote an article that long with so few of its words describing the food to have much interest in a forum like this.

3 Likes

Let it rip, this thing sucks.

4 Likes

Yeah Iā€™m sure this has been expressed a few times around this forum (I know Iā€™ve said something like it) but the infatuation is not a good website imo, I say feel free to dunk on them anytime.

1 Like

I find it hit and miss. Some knowledgeable reviewers and some randos.

1 Like

@ShiftingPath sad to see ur post get lost to the server change :frowning:

1 Like

damn, that was a good one too. much flavor!

that being said, in some sense the rating was appropriately informativeā€¦

2 Likes

Glad to find out it was a server change that caused the erasure! Was worried for a second that my dislike of the bucatino got me booted

1 Like

It haunted my belly for how much I didnā€™t enjoy that meal lol

9 Likes

Most frequently named restaurant in the below article