Portable/Backyard pizza oven

There is $50 dollar code on their IG so that helps a bit. Yes slight more than roccbox but it’s bigger space to cook as well—you can see them place entire casserole dishes in there and big cast iron pans in there. With roccbox you can but only small ones.

You would only need the more expensive stones If you plan on neopolitan style—it even then, the regular stones would work still as noted by many on pizzamaking.com

If money is no object get the wood/gas combo ones by pizzaparty.

1 Like

The PizzaCraft appeals to me because it’s portable and lightweight.

Finally had some chance to use the pizza party oven, dialing in on the correct temp—around 600-700 degrees using 62% hydration blend of bread, Sonora and sprouted buckwheat, naturally leavened

Brie stuffed squash blossoms, black mission fig from garden.

Hot sopressata, chicharrones, red onion

Undercarriage

10 Likes

Finally got around to trying the Pizzacraft PC6000 Pizzeria Pronto. At maximum heat, an IR thermometer said the stone was 600°.

Pizzas came out great, though when the bottoms were so done the pies had to come out the tops could have gone a little longer. Might help to have a door to stop the heat from coming out the front. I got the wind door, but it didn’t fit, seemed like it was designed for a different model. Next time I’ll try kludging one with crumpled aluminum foil.

2 Likes

Beautiful! Is that arugula on the bottom pie?
I did another pepperoni on the Roccbox. Came out perfectly!

1 Like

Spinach.

1 Like

We have the Ooni and also couldn’t get it hot enough with the wood chips so switched to propane. Close to 800 with that.

1 Like

update to my recent cook with the pizza party ardore with naturally leaven sourdough pizzas with some rye and whole wheat. I’m using Marc Vetri’s recipe with about 60% hydration. Getting a $15 turning peel on Amazon is really crucial for an even cook for everyone with these portable ovens as the peel these ovens come with is only good for launching.

4 Likes

I caved in and ordered an Ooni. The Samsung in the kitchen has been ok with it’s 550 but it just isn’t enough and I’m worth it :laughing:.

Waiting for it… for now here’s my last square and my last circle

Zucchini, fried onion and gruyere in the blend

5 Likes

You’ll love it and will see that it’s the right oven for your dough/crust. Don’t forget a turning peel.

2 Likes

ya i’ve got one of those. today it’s sicilian bake though because a friend is visiting who’s got the circle ones down really well

2 Likes

Big thanks to @ebethsdad for recomending the NU2U flame tamer for the small Gozney Roccbox. Game changer!

Gozney Roccbox Flame Tamer and Heat Retention Diffuser insert- Exclusively by NU2U Products

1 Like

15 years ago, long before these mini-marvels were available, we installed a built in terra-cotta oven
Oven
It requires building a “from scratch” fire, attending it at all times. Excellent pizzas and some fine roasts but work.

9 Likes

So glad it worked out for you!

Has anyone gotten the Gozney Dome? Im expecting mine soon but heard of a lot of owners getting cracks in their stone early on without much help from Gozney.

I believe @hppzz and @attran99 both have one. They could probably answer your questions

1 Like

Hi, @formersushichef
I got mine in Jan/Feb. My stone was in perfect condition upon arrival. I spent a week heat curing it so that it would be ready to blast for an entire weekend of pizza making. The stone is still pristine.
I got most of my tips from @hppzz. I basically heated it like this to cure:
Day 1 - low heat, 30 mins
Day 2 - low heat, 60 mins
Day 3 - med heat, 30 mins
Day 4 - med heat, 60 mins
Day 5 - high heat, 45 mins

Pro-tip: warm a seasoned cast iron for the last 5 minutes the heat is still on and then use the residual heat to cook any proteins or vegetables just for fun

Heat curing is important to help prevent cracks. You also want to make sure that the oven is covered up and the stone does not get wet. Moisture and water are not pizza stone friends.

6 Likes

Friends of mine (2 sets) are loving theirs’.
Or, is it theirs?
Not sure how one would do the grammar/punctuation for the possessive of two sets of more than one person!

“Their” and “theirs” are already possessive pronouns so no apostrophe.

1 Like