Post Your Christmas/Hannakuh/Holiday Food 2016

Share your holday meals here.

First course, Christmas Eve lentil soup.

1 Like

Feast of the seven fishes minus three at Great China. There’s a pile of excellent fresh noodles under there. Also had salt & pepper squid and steamed surf clams.

5 Likes

Part of the Christmas Eve Day brunch buffet. Our guests made a valiant effort to eat their weight in smoked fish, but there’s still too much leftover food in the house.

4 Likes

2 Likes

Okay, now let me ask you. When we’re in Seattle we almost always hit the wonderful Uwajimaya, Asian everything. Their horseradish is a fraction of that size and is $100/#!!! What’s the difference please?

Christmas Cosmos with Sugared Cranberries

Christmas Cookies

4 Likes

Merry Christmas from Hermosa Beach. :christmas_tree::kissing_heart::palm_tree:

4 Likes

I presume that’s wasabi aka Japanese horseradish, which is expensive to grow. Most commercial wasabi products are made from European horseradish and food coloring.

Oops, senior moment :slight_smile:

No pics—but for Hanukkah I made a roast leg of lamb and potato latkes (latkes from TJs, but still yummy). I thought I was going for Chinese or Thai food on Christmas----but my plans changed, so it was leftover lamb!!

1 Like

I’ve been making hash browns in my waffle iron. I wonder if latkes would work.

1 Like

I don’t see why not. The only real difference is egg and matzah meal as a binder—it would probably be a somewhat lighter version of hash browns.

1 Like

Leftover stuffing makes for great “hash-a-ffles” using a waffle iron.

1 Like

Oh wow/yum!

that sounds really good!!

This is a great thread.

Here is the bounty we’ve been having over the past coupla days:

XMAS EVE FEAST

BEET / CABBAGE / ONION SALAD (recipe)

MINT MASALA ROASTED CHICKEN WITH FENNEL & POTATOES (recipe)

PARMESAN SOUP (recipe)

PEAR & CRANBERRY WITH GINGER SNAP CRUMBLE (recipe)

XMAS MORNING BREAKFAST

EVERYTHING BAGEL / TOMATO / CREAM CHEESE POCKETS (recipe)

SNACKZ

BREAD PUDDING

JENI’S BRAMBLEBERRY ICE CREAM

DRINKZ

8 Likes

Gorgeous. Parmesan soup sounds very intriguing. And your spirits are so interesting. I would like to try the strawberry brandy, I think. :slight_smile:

I just saved the soup recipe! All the food sounds and looks so good. And thanks for including some of the recipes.

Hah! I noticed the ‘Fergus’ Straight away from your picture. That Is a great salad.