Pre-searing rack of lamb, and finish roasting later

One oven, and much roasting for Easter dinner. Can I successfully pre-sear, hold for a few hours, then finish roasting lamb rack ? Your tried, and true method would be much appreciated. TIA.

2 Likes

I don’t know, but you could sear it at the end with a blowtorch.

I am not sure if it would work for as small a piece of meat as a lamb rack, but here is a method I have used for prime rib, Roasted and Reverse Seared Prime Rib Recipe, that works beautifully. I have done this with a 90 minute downtime and it turned out perfectly. Good luck!

Yea, I thought about that as well. I have 5 racks with 40 ribs total. Maybe I’ll just do a double chop portions instead of single rlibs. Thanks for you input.

Thanks for response. In the end I’m trying to save myself a step, and time. Imma give it a try with the quick, hard sear and adjust the oven roast time. I mean it works for steaks as many a restaurants do. Fingers crossed, and I’ll report back.

1 Like

Do as you first suggest. i am more familiar with doing this with a boned rack, but an intact rack should be more forgiving. Just sear the meat, let rest. Half an hour before service, put back in 450F oven. Check internal temp at 15 minutes. Pull at 120F internal temp and let rest for 15 minutes.

1 Like