Providence LA

ahh…that make sense. I thought Providence forgot to brush mine with egg wash or fat!

3 Likes

Can you please BYOC (condiments) into Father’s Office and film it so we watch the drama?

3 Likes

It’s been done. I’m still alive.

2 Likes

Shucks

TLDR: I’m ready for next week’s menu.

0f25ee2d869ef533343ffaed0b830712

the works @TheCookie

lobster bloody mary | maine lobster, herbs, celery, sungold tomato, pickled ramp & calabrian chiles, bloody mary gelee, horseradish creme fraiche
this appetizer will definitely tingle all your senses. sweet and snappy lobster is paired with: tangy pickled veggies, plump and sweet tomato, crunchy celery that offers freshness, an aggressively salted tobasco vinaigrette that offers a bit of heat, another tangy component with a kick in the the horseradish creme fraiche, and the salty and spicy bloody mary gelee helps tie everything together.

seaweed bread
i’ve had this plenty of time over the years at providence. it has an intense seaweed flavor with a slightly dry and crumbly, but soft, texture that i don’t love. however, it’s terrific in soaking up sauces.

“iron chef” main course | rockfish, mussels, clams, squid, eggplant, thai flavors
every component is cooked to perfection. fish is meaty and flaky af and its tangy shellfish broth has a terrific aroma when drizzled with the infused coconut oil. what can be improved if i’m super picky? those cubes of fried eggplant could’ve been crispy to offer texture contrast but this is takeout so who are we kidding here? they did do an excellent job in soaking up the sauce which makes them taste great.

open face sandwich

bonus course: fish scale :grimacing:

Leftover sauce

the 11th commandment: thou shall dunk your bread in sauce

milk chocolate - whiskey panna cotta, chocolate streusel, coconut “ravioli”
i didn’t think any components tasted all that great by themselves. however, it’s absolutely delicious when i get a little bit of everything in one bite! it’s as if i’m having a great mocha with real deep flavors with plenty of crunchy and creamy textures.

took a lot of real analysis to arrive at this perfect bite

petite fours - toffee, chocolate caramel, mystery macaron

After Dinner Dessert:

15 Likes

Terrific. Great pics and I like the way you lined up the ingredients perfectly. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

SOLD! @J_L

7 Likes

Wow. Providence is quick this week in releasing their video for the upcoming menu!

They sold me on their :pig: macaron.

3 Likes

TLDR: Delicious once again. I really appreciate Providence’s deft use of black truffle and using it as a secondary flavor. More often than not, restaurants go overboard in loading black truffle flavor into a dish which at times overwhelm other ingredients’ natural subtle flavors but not here!

paccheri gratinata | pasta stuffed with black truffle, duck , parmigiano, ricotta
highlight of the night! this gratinéed tube-shaped pasta has a very nice chew and a complex mix of deep and rich flavors. as if it’s not decadent enough, a shower of australian winter black truffle almost pushes the dish over the top. luckily, the accompanying poultry veloute enriched with tomato acts as a perfect counterpoint in toning down the richness a notch.

housemade ciabatta

black truffle crusted swordfish | kandarian organic farms cranberry beans, tomato, black kale, roasted summer squash, genovese basil, truffle vinaigrette, evoo
another perfectly cooked fish by providence. it’s superbly meaty and again eats like a steak. intoxicating truffle aroma comes through nicely but it didn’t overwhelming the swordfish’s subtle sweetness! finally, don’t sleep on the accompanying bean salad where its sweet tomato and fragrant basil really brightened and lifted the dish.

lil’ open-faced swordfish sammich

black truffle crème caramel with maldon sea salt
what a classic crowd pleaser with its counterbalancing flavors of burnt bitter-sweet caramel and lovely egginess! the glossy clear caramel sauce has a perfect reddish-brown color and it’s rich and quite silky. but delicious as it is, i can’t quite detect any truffle aroma. i actually thought that the bits of truffle detracted from the smoothness of the crème caramel texture.

like a mirror. any GOT fans recognize that sword?

almost free of any bubbles so it’s almost perfectly cooked

petit fours | piggy macaron, chocolate truffle
lil’ piggy digging for truffle

lil’ piggy’s reward for finding me a truffle: GIT INTO MAH TUMMY

basque cheesecake
soft, custardy and creamy. i may have eaten a quarter of it in one sitting. :sunglasses: love the crust’s deep caramel notes that go with the interior’s mild tanginess! @PorkyBelly @Chowseeker1999

19 Likes

oathkeeper

6 Likes

Correct.

Brianne of fucking Tarth

3 Likes

now bestowed upon @moonboy403 of the FTClands?

4 Likes

Ugh, I was so disappointed and angry about the last season (esp the series finale) that all I can think about when I see Brianne is an article that mentioned how she had been reduced to writing Jamie’s Wikipage in the finale. Bleh! :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

It’s Ser Moonboy of FTClands to you.

4 Likes

It’s not the ending that most people wanted but I still thought it was very good on its own. We were just too used to superb screenwriting of past seasons!

1 Like

The last two seasons were almost unwatchable imo

5 Likes

Sticking with the books to the end! Mayne one day ill catch the series!

3 Likes

No it SUCKED! :rage:

2 Likes

Report: fun, clever, delicious!

1 Like