Providence

They gave you an extra half lobster for each missing ingredient. Great deal!

3 Likes

Wow you got a whole lobster for your lobster bloody mary, it should be called lobster with a side of bloody mary. Providence definitely made it right. So good.

1 Like

So good!

1 Like

Holy lobster-palooza!

1 Like

Yes! We didn’t expect it. I figured they’d offer us a discount on the next week’s en voyage… a little disappointing but understandable. But this! :hearts:

1 Like

I messaged Miho Fujita a few hours ago. She is the president of Mioya Brewery in Ishikawa, and Yuho is a label she came up with. The importer mentions in the bio of the brewery that she is also the owner. Anyways I met her in person last year at Sake Day SF and we connected. I directly linked your post here so she could see the review, and I specifically mentioned how you enjoyed the pairing with the bottle (and the fact that Providence was carrying it on the menu).

You really made her day! She was so thrilled, but also equally thrilled at how remarkable the food looks! On her behalf, thank you for the report!

Miho san also told me she is interested in trying Providence when she is able to visit LA again!

10 Likes

Oh wow! :relaxed: I’m so flattered! Thanks @beefnoguy! Btw, I told the somm at Providence how well Yuho goes w/spicy & bold flavors, in case he wants to try it himself and rec it.

1 Like

bouillabaisse is back, my number 1, favoritest providence menu so far. don’t miss this @TheCookie, @moonboy403, @NYCtoLA, @butteredwaffles, @attran99, @CiaoBob

The South of France

For the return of dineLA Restaurant Week, we return to one of our favorite En Voyage menus – the South of France

First Course: Salade Niçoise with Olive Oil-Poached Tuna, Haricots Verts, Olives, and Fingerling Potato

Main Course: Classic Bouillabaisse with Lobster, Local Crab, Mussels, Clams, and Rockfish with Rouille

Fougasse with Niçoise Olives and Herbes de Provence

Dessert: Fig Clafoutis with Crème Fraîche and Port Reduction

7 Likes

On it!

1 Like

pro tip: ask for extra croutons to soak up all that broth

6 Likes

How do you ask for extra croutons? Include it in special instructions on Tock?

marsden brewer’s broiled baby sea scallops, herbs, garlic butter, breadcrumbs

sizzling, piping hot and GBD so good, @TheCookie

insalata tricolore, radicchio, frisse, arugula, capers, lemon, black olives, parmesan, red wine vinaigrette
refreshing, nice balance of bitter and acid.

garlic knots, marinara
i inhaled these but had to restrain myself and save one for the pasta.

lobster fra diavolo, bucatini, lobster broth, basil
generous portion of lobster that was perfectly cooked, sauce was on the thinner side and had trouble sticking to the pasta, but the flavor had a nice heat and was delicious.

sopped up all the sauce with my remaining garlic knot

gianduja and dark chocolate cannoli
the only miss of the meal, unfortunately the shell lost all of its crispness and the ricotta was grainy.
take the lobster, leave the cannoli.

house-made ricotta and fig cannoli

mango sorbet
for research. a bit sweeter and more subtle mango flavor than antico’s.

mint salt water taffy

13 Likes

email

1 Like

I didn’t get their take out this past week. What’s the texture like?

fluffy, stretchy, with a slight crust.

1 Like

Omg! Starting to regret not getting those scallops!!! Your plating & photos look so professional for a minute I thought it was sit-down. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

By mouth, with the person helping you at pickup. Many times it’ll be Donato himself.

1 Like

Wow they are pushing out those videos quick!

Those sea scallops were a-freaking-mazing.

And as someone who has only had one prior experience with cannoli I actually really enjoyed my cannoli. The fig did get lost for me but enjoyed the creaminess of the ricotta, though others preferred the chocolate. I actually preferred the dessert this week to the last New Orleans dessert as that was more strongly sweet whereas this one fit my personal sweetness levels juuuust right.

1 Like

how was your cannoli shell? did it stay crispy?

Don’t think I remember it being crispy specifically. I remember the filling more than the shell. I might say that by the time I got to eating it a few hours after pickup, the shell might have even softened? Just remember it was very easy to eat with hands and wasn’t flaking off or hard. Again, haven’t had this much so not what sure to look for.