Providence

completely agree with @CiaoBob, this was another home run by providence and one of my favorite en voyage meals so far. last chance to try it is saturday. @Bagel, @foodshutterbug, @NYCtoLA

chilled heirloom tomato salad - soured munak ranch celebrity tomato vinaigrette, coriander, mint, santa barbara spot prawn cracker, coconut oil, fish sauce, peanuts
lot going on here, but it this was light, spicy and refreshing. hardest part was trying to get all the components in one bite

santa barbara black cod; lobster, shrimp and scallop dumplings; green curry; charred kong thao filipino eggplant; charred long beans; maitake mushrooms; lemon basil; thai basil

if we haven’t crowned cimarusti the seafood whisper yet, we should. the way he can par-cook a piece of seafood and have it come out perfectly after reheating is amazing.

this dish was like the 1992 dream team, every component was a standout and complemented each other perfectly.

santa barbara black cod
the michael jordan of the roster. this was possibly the best cooked fish i’ve had since i can remember. it was so soft and tender it almost fell apart as i was plating it. the texture was like a soft jello and flaked beautifully.

lobster, shrimp, scallop dumpling
the scottie pippen on the team, if not for the black cod this would have been the star of the dish. intensely rich and flavorful.

charred kong thao filipino eggplant
wonderfully charred, rich and creamy. the larry bird, hanging out at the perimeter and nailing that three-pointer when needed.

maitake mushrooms
savory with a bit of chew, short and stocky like charles barkely.

charred long beans
clyde the glide drexler

chili fish sauce
the john stockton, small but packs a punch. even if you don’t like it spicy, make sure to use up that fish sauce for that umami punch, just leave the chilis behind.

jasmine x koshihikari x 3
pro tip: make extra rice to eat with the delicious milky, coconut-y curry.

roti prata
buttery, crispy, chewy and flaky. excellent.

raum mitr - chestnut, tapioca pearls, taro dumpling, passion fruit jelly, tapioca, jackfruit, coconut meat
similiar to a vietnamese che, this was light, cool and refreshing. the coconut sorbet in the shape of a coconut with chocolate as the “shell” was brilliant. @TheCookie
make sure to put it in the freezer when you get home.

khanom bueang - crepe, french meringue, candied eggyolk

bonus round
had some left over coconut soup so decided to pair it with my football sized keitt mango.

taco truck for scale

18 Likes

stay tuned for next week’s mexico en voyage menu.

3 Likes

That shell was so wild - I wasn’t expecting it to be chocolate. And such flavorful chocolate at that.

What a meal. Def my favorite of all I’ve had from Providence this pandemic.

3 Likes

Is this Thai meal once again enough to serve 2 non-PB appetites?

Also, I assume the peanuts are packaged separately?

Multiple time slots still available for today as of this writing.

yes, i was stuffed, plenty of food for two especially if you supplement with more rice which i recommend.

peanuts are in its own container.

Y’all sold me hard. My first en voyage tonight - my body is ready.

7 Likes

curbside pickup is on the west side of cole ave. recommend bringing a small cooler to transport the coconut sorbet, they’ll provide a mini ice pack.

4 Likes

And say Hola to Donato and Chef Michael - often they’re the ones at curbside doling out the goods.

3 Likes

My dumbass booked the pickup right in the middle of the Lakers game. Maybe that’s why so many slots were open fuuuuu

2 Likes

they’ve been flexible with pickup times if you call or email them.

1 Like

Basketball references abound!

@J_L would be furious. Not! :heart::blue_heart::black_heart: She ducks & runs.

2 Likes

Great report @PorkyBelly! Thanks for the sorbet reminder. I screwed up last time.

2 Likes

all sold out for today

1 Like

Remember to bring a cooler to transport the coconut sorbet!

1 Like

Yeah, that little ice pack won’t keep it on a long drive.

We shared 2 for three - more than enough

1 Like

Viva Mexico

First Course: Ceviche with Octopus, Shrimp, Scallop, and Avocado

Main Course: Local Rockfish in Banana Leaf with Kabocha Squash and Guava Mole
Chicharrón with Chipotle Crema
Concha

Dessert: Roasted Pineapple Tres Leches Cake

10 Likes

I was really full last night. That dessert was amazing.

7 Likes

I dunno’ why I was thinking this would be a beans & rice type of thing or Broken Spanish-esque. Duh, Providence!

5 Likes