PSA - Whole Foods pita chips

Do not buy the 365 brand pita chips. They are terrible. Soggy as in not crunchy and not a chip at all. Way too thick. Not well cooked. I had to return 2 bags in the past 2 days. The only positive is Whole Foods generous return policy.

99 times out of 100 we get our pita chips from
Costco (Stacy’s big bag for parties)
Baba Foods (the crazy guys at all the OC farmers market. I say this in the nicest way possible. These guys are very nice, hard working and generous with samples. We’ve been buying their goods for 4+ years)
Trader Joe’s

I was being lazy and didn’t want to make another stop. Lesson learned.

2 Likes

I can’t think of one 365 product that I like.

They make a perfectly acceptable seltzer.

1 Like

I can think of plenty: tuna, canned tomatoes, dried spices, paper goods, tortilla chips.

2 Likes

… sudden urge to restrain you and force feed you Sizzler’s largest steak.

2 Likes

Beans for chili, milk and tortillas are solid.

Yeah, any staple, really. Butter. Monterey Jack. Dried pasta.

I tend to ignore most 365 items. It’s not that I don’t like store brand, it’s that I don’t like theirs.

Oh yeah, you’re right, the tuna is good. In a strange reversal, it’s better than Trader Joe’s.

So are the canned tomatoes. Trader Joe’s canned tomatoes are terrible. Off-puttingly sour, and no structural integrity. Like they were canned during the Eisenhower administration.

1 Like

I don’t think anything at Trader Joe’s is good.

1 Like

Their Greek yogurt is pretty good, as is their California olive oil (I forget the exact name of it). Avocados, lemons, table water crackers, vegetarian meatballs, cheese puffs - all fine.

2 Likes

Don’t listen to him.

1 Like

That’s nice, dear. :kissing_heart:

3 Likes

:+1: