Quarantine Kitchens on YouTube

Kenji Lopez-Alt
I’ve been watching random cooking videos on YouTube. It’s been fun to see what people are doing in their homes.
Also of note:
Chef Ludo Lefevbre posts weekly on FB and IG.
Alton Brown has YouTube videos.
Eric Ripert posts on IG.
Bon Apetit crew is still chugging out videos.

6 Likes

I love it. I’ve been checking out the YouTube videos, too. Fun stuff, indeed.

1 Like

Dave Chang’s Instagram cooking videos are pretty interesting/amusing.

3 Likes

The beef braise was great!

2 Likes

love Kenji’s videos! you get to see how he plans and sets up the cooking, you also get to see his home kitchen. (i am always curious of chef’s kitchens)
on the top left of his kitchen sink he has a boiling water tap? That’s pretty awesome, i dont remember which video he mentioned it in, but it was one of the current quarantine ones.

1 Like

I didn’t really watch either before quarantine but Bon Appetit and Kenji’s videos have been nightly viewing for me lately.

I’ve also read pretty much everything I know Kenji’s written (Serious Eats, NY Times, the Food Lab book, even some of the ATK stuff that was attributed to him) and his videos are still super useful. He keeps up a steady stream of commentary (mostly things he’s written about) but will occasionally drop additional gems I’ve never heard.

On Kenji’s mentioning the name I’ve also been going through Chinese Cooking Demystified which is great quarantine viewing as it only seems to exist as videos.

2 Likes

Binging with Babish is also a fun one.

1 Like