Quarantine Takeout

Yup I knew about the connection between the ice cream shop and Cardellino. The waitresses at Cardellino suggested we walk over as well.

I have Stella Jean on my list. The flavors are unique and was originally going to drive over after dinner bc they opened up in Costa Mesa.

Plenty of opportunities this weekend to still try Stella Jean. Its supposed to be 105-110 in north OC this weekend. This is nothing.

Thanks again for the recommendation. Kids and wife are that is at the top of our come back list.

Donut Bar is bad. Like really bad. They opened up a new downtown location. There was a short line.

Apple fritter was soggy and dense. Zero crispness or crunch like there should have been. The old fashioned with vanilla glaze was also dense and not a very crunchy crust. Maybe they were sitting sting’s for a while and hard to judge volume with Covid. But bleh. We had a few small bites and threw the donut in the trash. There have the little kids a small free yeast donut with a frosting. This wasn’t as bad as the other 2 donuts but nothing special. Won’t be back.

Was totally expecting a let down. Couldn’t have been more wrong. Great food. Good tap beer list. Fun environment. I’d call this a dive Asianish joint. The kalbi was legit. We really enjoyed the dry chow fun. Had nice wok her. Totally unexpected. My wife absolutely loved the pho. Not the super fragrant lemongrass type more of a savory beef broth. Only Asian people in the whole joint but the food hit the spot.

1 Like

Where?

Whoa I totally forgot to say OB Noodle House in Ocean Beach.

:grin: :crazy_face: :wink:

Yeah, they’re usually a pretty solid choice