Ralphs Olive Bar

Hi, Is there a Ralphs by mid-city with an olive bar? Had lunch with a friend yesterday in the Sherman Oaks and he had some olives I liked, said he got them at ralphs olive bar. I checked at the Pico and San Vicente location no luck, no salad bar even.

Look for a Ralph’s Fresh Fare near you. I think that’s what they are calling the fancy version with all the extras

1 Like

The Ralph’s in Hollywood on Sunset and Poinsettia had an olive bar up until about a month ago. Now, they have the same assortment of olives but already sealed in plastic containers. Not sure if that will work for you or not.

1 Like

If you call Ralphs corporate, they’re actually pretty good about these things. The Valley seems to have better olive bars, maybe because real estate is cheaper? Sprouts has an ok olive bar, the selection is a little limited, but there’s one in mid-city.

1 Like

Whole Foods and Bristol Farms also have good olive bars. The olive bar at Sprouts is also pretty good, we routinely get some pretty good tapenade from it.

2 Likes

Do they have red peppers too?

IIRC, I’ve seen red peppers at Whole Foods.

Yep, though it seems like the stores with more prepared foods have better olive bars. I’ve been to the Ralphs OP mentioned, but the specifically the Bristol Farms in Woodland Hills and the Gelson’s in Encino come to mind.

Maybe Erewhon has an olive bar? There’s one near Mid-City, their prepared foods can be pretty good though horrendously expensive.

Yes, I have seen red peppers at the Sprouts olive bar sometimes (in Fullerton). For a (now) mass neighborhood market, they do a pretty decent job at a lot of grocery stuff.

I imagine they charge per olive.

2 Likes

I’ve purchased olives from the Whole Foods one in WLA and SaMo. Convenient when I only want enough for a recipe.

2 Likes

I went to sprouts and got some. They are good, but not as good as what my friend had. I may just have to go to his store or find another ralphs that may be up to par.

I also wanted to mention that the Spouts and Whole Foods olive bars I’ve been at have roasted garlic in oil that you can scoop up and bring home in plastic containers, in addition to the various tapenades, olives, and antipastos mixtures.

1 Like

I can’t believe none of the 3 Ralphs in Mid-City or Beverly Blvd have an Olive Bar. It must be a suburban thing. WF on 3rd/Fairfax has a big selection of marinated stuff - all kinds of Olives, Tapenade, Red Peppers and I see Preserved Lemons sometimes. Monsieur Marcel has a nice Olive Bar if you feel like dealing with Farmers Market parking.

Here’s what I got from WF & MM over the holidays. This photo is after it had been picked over. The compartments are really handy especially for picnics & such.

2 Likes