Random Thoughts & Questions

:frowning:

1 Like

Sorry @paranoidgarliclover for my absence. I’m making my way through an SF trip so been posting there recently. I’ll be back soon. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Chart of weekly post counts for the past year:

Daily engaged users:

So much engagement, I can’t stop refreshing.

Robert, if you’ll share… what is the left (vertical) axis a multiple of (10, 100)?

1 Like

I was never really good at this stuff, but it looks like a very small group of highly active users. 50-55 users making 600-odd posts a week?? Really?

Haha. Can we get a graph of posts by date from busybodies in their golden years that make off-topic comments about their bugaboos on boards for regions that they never (or seldom) visit?

6 Likes

It’s comments like this - mean-spirited and downright rude - that make me less inclined to visit, much less post.

6 Likes

Yes, that was a bit mean. Exasperation is understandable, but c’mon now.

4 Likes

Going off-topic is distracting and unnecessary. I think @Starchtrade is venting frustration because they may feel at their wits end.

3 Likes

If I read those right, the average is around two posts a day per user.

For the pageviews, dark blue is logged-in users, light blue is anonymous users, and red is web-crawler bots from Google et al.

Some of the charts are misleading due to non-zero baselines.

And I think photos of toilets are stupid but I haven’t said that, I don’t believe.

As I said… about 600 a week= about 85 a day, at 50-55 people would be about 1 and 2/3 posts, so… yes! I know that’s averages, but it seems like there’s more folks around here than that.

Perhaps we can all try more to tolerate and appreciate other posters’ quirks? You may find them annoying now, but it’d be really boring (and sad, truth be told) if there were just… silence.

Even though I’m not the intrepid eater and poster that many others are (or were?), I really enjoy being part of this community and would hate to see it wither away.

8 Likes

plus it’s real easy to just scroll past posts you don’t care or agree with.

6 Likes

There are currently 1224 users but some post only once in a while (or not at all).

270 have Trust Level 2, which means they have posted occasionally. You have to participate quite actively to get TL3 and will drop back to 2 if you become less active.

ftc_users

This

1 Like

In all fairness, Cath, you have on several occasions. :relaxed:

3 Likes