Republique - Stunning Brunch, Lunch & Pastries Galore [Thoughts + Pics]

Want to support them but not worth it IMO

Republique’s limited menu has a lot for those of us who are more budget-conscious (like me). My favorite deal has to be their quiche slice with bacon, gruyere and broccoli di cicco for $6

There’s also their Montadito, ham & brie on pain au lait for $7

Macaroni and cheese for $12 which says it serves 3-4, though I think my daughter would have easily eaten the entire container (thanks @attran99 for the heads up on this one)

Small kimchi fried rice with pork belly for $18 (serves 2):

![464800B2-87BD-49E3-8E73-20F28D33D38F|500x500]
(upload://iblyVQpMjPqBg7QdPH26WBn1KLO.jpeg)

Couldn’t miss the opportunity to bring home their pastries

Chocolate Chip Cookie $3

Cara Cara Blackberry Crostata $5

Basque Cheesecake $6

All a la carte orders automatically include a baguette and butter for $7.

Placed my order the day before on Tock for easy contactless delivery. They even provide gloves there.

10 Likes

Kimchi fried rice

9 Likes

Hi @chowumla,

Thanks for the report back and pics! :slight_smile: What was your favorite item from your order today? The Montadito, Ham & Brie on Pain au Lait looks like a steal for $7.

Quiche and the Montadito. The Montadito is pretty small - maybe five inches long and a couple of inches wide, but the ingredients are top notch. The thin slices of brie are completely divine and the saltiness of the ham contrasts nicely with the sweet bread. Basque cheesecake was my fave of the sweets. Will have to return to get a slice of salted chocolate cake and other pastries!

2 Likes

Update 8: To-Go, Part 3

It was time to celebrate the return of Mango Passion Fruit Pie! :slight_smile: Reason enough to go.

Ham & Cheese Croissant:

Coconut Ube Mini Loaf:

If you love the mildly earthy Ube (Purple Yam, popular in the Philippines) and Coconut this is for you! Tropical, delicious, moist. :blush:

Mango Passion Fruit Cream Pie (Passion Fruit Curd, Mango, Pastry Cream, Whipped Cream):

There is perhaps no other Dessert that shows why Pastry Chef Margarita Manzke is L.A.'s top Dessert and Pastry Chef than her Mango Passion Fruit Cream Pie. For those that haven’t had it, imagine tropical, ripe, fragrant Mango fruit giving way to an incredible balanced, aromatic, light tang and sweetness from the Passion Fruit Curd and her amazing Pastry Cream, then you get a bite of the buttery, flaky Pie crust.

RIDICULOUS! :heart: :blush: :heart:

More shots in the sun, because you can’t have enough pics of this stunning treat:

This is the reason why our veteran FTC’ers like @attran99 @A5KOBE @JeetKuneBao will drive across counties to get this creation. :blush: Why @PorkyBelly @J_L and others might pick up 2 (or is it 4) Mango Passion Fruit Pies to snack on! :wink: :heart:

It was gone for awhile, so if you haven’t gotten a chance, get yours now. :slight_smile:

We also had a chance to chat with Pastry Chef Margarita Manzke to ask some of our pressing FTC questions:

• On the return of @A5KOBE’s beloved Coconut Key Lime Pie: (Margarita) “Probably not anytime soon. It was unfortunately not that popular with the customers.” :frowning:

• On the possibility of her incredible Buko Pie being available at Republique: (Margarita) “No, it will remain exclusive at Sari Sari Store.” Boo! :sweat_smile: (@PorkyBelly @TheCookie)

• What’s coming up next? (Margarita): “Possibly Peach Pie!” :open_mouth: :heart: (@PorkyBelly @J_L @A5KOBE @attran99 @paranoidgarliclover @TheCookie @Ns1 @js76wisco and others!)

Republique
624 S. La Brea Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90036
Tel: (310) 362-6115

Order To-Go via Tock:

17 Likes

I am thinking; maybe we should have a picture competition between you, @J_L, and @PorkyBelly to see who is the best food photographer. Beautiful pictures as always! Thank you!

2 Likes

Hot damn! Peach pie?!?

3 Likes

No!!! I’m going to email them every week until the person responding gets so annoyed that they beg Margarita to make it.

Great pictures, Margarita is the pie queen of LA right now. Love that buttery crust! I’m hoping to snag a Saturday pie but it sounds like I may need to be more stealthy in grabbing a reservation.

4 Likes

Ohmigod, I am totally there for a peach pie!!!

4 Likes

If I don’t snag a reservation for a Saturday pie I’m going to be sad.

3 Likes

Hi @ebethsdad,

Thanks, you’re too kind. That would be easy, though: It would be @J_L and @PorkyBelly as winners. I’m a newbie still learning! :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Hi @attran99, @A5KOBE, @paranoidgarliclover,

Yah. Even though Chef Margarita couldn’t see through our masks, we had the widest grins. I’m so excited if she can make that one soon! :blush:

Hi @A5KOBE,

Don’t give up! :slight_smile: Just hearing you recommend this, I’m dying to try the Coconut Key Lime Pie at least once. I can imagine it must be amazing.

1 Like

Wow.

So bummed I have lunch already today. :cry:

Our super seasonal Cherry Braid is back, and this time it has a delicious chocolate almond filling!! Gorgeous cherries from @murrayfamilyfarms line the center of this pastry made with croissant dough. This is a big hit and sells out quickly when we have it in our pastry case on a normal Saturday, and we have it available to order TODAY! Tap the “ORDER NOW” button below our bio to see what items we have available for same-day pick up!

Instagram post.

5 Likes

Oh no, I ordered the pastry but just got a message from them. Excuse me while I sob incessantly

I am terribly sorry, but it appears we have actually oversold our Chocolate Cherry Braid and I no longer have enough to fulfill these orders. I sincerely apologize for the error on our part and will of course, be refunding you for the Cherry Braid.

3 Likes

Sorry to hear @petoketo! :frowning: Darn.

Glad that they’re having some good business to sell out of things like that on the day they post, though.

4 Likes

This was the box they used to hand us the pastries and produce today. I would have happily taken the original contents instead.

6 Likes

Ouch! I don’t blame you
premier cru

1 Like

Nice @js76wisco. :slight_smile: Besides the Mango Pie, what else did you get today? Were you able to get the Cherry Braid Pastry? I’m curious how it is.