Republique - Stunning Brunch, Lunch & Pastries Galore [Thoughts + Pics]

They are delicious! Thanks for the info @js76wisco. :slight_smile:

@Chowseeker1999 my 7 year old had been asking to make these chocolate chip cookie bowls for a few days. She was watching some YouTube video and wrote down the recipe by hand while pausing after each step. I had to give into the little one. Only problem was the recipe said to use store bought cookie dough. We used the Republique dough instead. The bowls were a fail but the broken up pieces of cookies were delicious.

I froze most of the cookie balls to make next week.

6 Likes

I’d try using the muffin pan and filling cupcake paper with pie weights for a higher probability of success

1 Like

The directions I had were the polar opposite. Invert the muffin tin, put the paper on top of the muffin tin and mold the cookie dough onto the paper.

I’m over it.

I’ve been weary of that method based on temperature of and butter ratio…also my cookies have been spreading more regardless of what I do lately.

1 Like

Props to you for being an awesome dad @js76wisco

The Republique cookie, while very good, is probably meant to spread out due to the butter and sugar ratios,

However, if your budding pastry chef is still interested, like @attran99 mentioned I suggest molding it in a muffin or tart tin instead. Here’s a recipe I found online which demos the process. On the plus side, the cookie cups will be nice and smooth on the exterior. To prevent the cookie dough from puffing up, use a fork to create some holes in the bottom and sides (this is a common technique used in baking tart and pie crusts). Happy Baking! :slight_smile: chocolate chip cookie cups - Blue Bowl

4 Likes

We may try again next week using @attran99 @foodshutterbug your advice. My daughter wanted to use the recipe she wrote down but I’m sure she’d be open to trying a recipe which would yield better results. I’m pretty sure she’d be happy as long as we have melted peanut butter to pour on top.

4 Likes

I’m lovin’ your 7 yr old budding chowhound. :blush:

3 Likes

It’s back

13 Likes

https://www.instagram.com/p/CqOI6aTP_zg/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

1 Like