Republique - Stunning Brunch, Lunch & Pastries Galore [Thoughts + Pics]

Yes! And so good!

1 Like

Update from Republique:

"The RĂ©publique team wants to thank the LA community for showing such strong support during these last few weeks.

The safety and well-being of our staff and patrons is of utmost importance to us. As such, we are scaling down our offerings to protect the health and safety of our team. Therefore, the last day we will be serving our CHICKEN DINNER MEAL + additional a la carte items is Saturday, April 4th.

We will, however, continue our PASTRY PROGRAM & MARKET selling produce boxes directly from farmers. We plan to closely monitor the COVID-19 situation and will pivot as needed over the coming weeks.

We encourage you to place delivery / take-out orders on GrubHub and Postmates through Saturday. Please also make sure to follow us on social media (@republiquela) for ongoing updates.

We sincerely thank you for your encouragement thus far, and hope to see you all soon. Stay safe & healthy!

Chefs Walter & Margarita Manzke"

5 Likes

Thanks for the heads up @TheCookie. Posting here in case visitors didn’t see it in the other thread.

Republique is now temporarily CLOSED. :frowning: Taking a break it seems:

https://www.instagram.com/p/B-mwhrhDarZ/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

5 Likes

They’ve been thru a lot in the last couple of months and still managed to put out lunches, dinners, baked goods and awesome vegetable boxes. I hope they get the rest they need and come back strong.

6 Likes

Latest update:

Introducting
 a limited menu of prepared food items!

We appreciate your support during this time and are making changes every day to better serve our community. We are striving to listen to the things our guests are asking for and we are thrilled to be cooking again and offering items we hope you enjoy!

We hope everyone is staying safe and healthy.
Thank you,
Chefs Walter & Margarita Manzke

Mary’s Organic Rotisserie Chicken

It’s back! Now serving Mary’s Organic chickens from our delicious rotisserie $14 for a half chicken and $28 for a whole!

Sides like Mac’n’Cheese and Potato Gratin available as well.

Try the classic Cafe combination of tomato soup, cave-aged gruyere grilled cheese sandwich and a green salad with caper-lemon vinaigrette.

Additionally, we are now offering Kimchi Fried Rice, & Pasta Bolognese sauce.

5 Likes

Chicken dinners available on Thursday and Saturday according to Tock, but price has gone up to $48/person.

1 Like

Want to support them but not worth it IMO

Republique’s limited menu has a lot for those of us who are more budget-conscious (like me). My favorite deal has to be their quiche slice with bacon, gruyere and broccoli di cicco for $6

There’s also their Montadito, ham & brie on pain au lait for $7

Macaroni and cheese for $12 which says it serves 3-4, though I think my daughter would have easily eaten the entire container (thanks @attran99 for the heads up on this one)

Small kimchi fried rice with pork belly for $18 (serves 2):

![464800B2-87BD-49E3-8E73-20F28D33D38F|500x500]
(upload://iblyVQpMjPqBg7QdPH26WBn1KLO.jpeg)

Couldn’t miss the opportunity to bring home their pastries

Chocolate Chip Cookie $3

Cara Cara Blackberry Crostata $5

Basque Cheesecake $6

All a la carte orders automatically include a baguette and butter for $7.

Placed my order the day before on Tock for easy contactless delivery. They even provide gloves there.

10 Likes

Kimchi fried rice

9 Likes

Hi @chowumla,

Thanks for the report back and pics! :slight_smile: What was your favorite item from your order today? The Montadito, Ham & Brie on Pain au Lait looks like a steal for $7.

Quiche and the Montadito. The Montadito is pretty small - maybe five inches long and a couple of inches wide, but the ingredients are top notch. The thin slices of brie are completely divine and the saltiness of the ham contrasts nicely with the sweet bread. Basque cheesecake was my fave of the sweets. Will have to return to get a slice of salted chocolate cake and other pastries!

2 Likes

Update 8: To-Go, Part 3

It was time to celebrate the return of Mango Passion Fruit Pie! :slight_smile: Reason enough to go.

Ham & Cheese Croissant:

Coconut Ube Mini Loaf:

If you love the mildly earthy Ube (Purple Yam, popular in the Philippines) and Coconut this is for you! Tropical, delicious, moist. :blush:

Mango Passion Fruit Cream Pie (Passion Fruit Curd, Mango, Pastry Cream, Whipped Cream):

There is perhaps no other Dessert that shows why Pastry Chef Margarita Manzke is L.A.'s top Dessert and Pastry Chef than her Mango Passion Fruit Cream Pie. For those that haven’t had it, imagine tropical, ripe, fragrant Mango fruit giving way to an incredible balanced, aromatic, light tang and sweetness from the Passion Fruit Curd and her amazing Pastry Cream, then you get a bite of the buttery, flaky Pie crust.

RIDICULOUS! :heart: :blush: :heart:

More shots in the sun, because you can’t have enough pics of this stunning treat:

This is the reason why our veteran FTC’ers like @attran99 @A5KOBE @JeetKuneBao will drive across counties to get this creation. :blush: Why @PorkyBelly @J_L and others might pick up 2 (or is it 4) Mango Passion Fruit Pies to snack on! :wink: :heart:

It was gone for awhile, so if you haven’t gotten a chance, get yours now. :slight_smile:

We also had a chance to chat with Pastry Chef Margarita Manzke to ask some of our pressing FTC questions:

• On the return of @A5KOBE’s beloved Coconut Key Lime Pie: (Margarita) “Probably not anytime soon. It was unfortunately not that popular with the customers.” :frowning:

• On the possibility of her incredible Buko Pie being available at Republique: (Margarita) “No, it will remain exclusive at Sari Sari Store.” Boo! :sweat_smile: (@PorkyBelly @TheCookie)

• What’s coming up next? (Margarita): “Possibly Peach Pie!” :open_mouth: :heart: (@PorkyBelly @J_L @A5KOBE @attran99 @paranoidgarliclover @TheCookie @Ns1 @js76wisco and others!)

Republique
624 S. La Brea Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90036
Tel: (310) 362-6115

Order To-Go via Tock:

17 Likes

I am thinking; maybe we should have a picture competition between you, @J_L, and @PorkyBelly to see who is the best food photographer. Beautiful pictures as always! Thank you!

2 Likes

Hot damn! Peach pie?!?

3 Likes

No!!! I’m going to email them every week until the person responding gets so annoyed that they beg Margarita to make it.

Great pictures, Margarita is the pie queen of LA right now. Love that buttery crust! I’m hoping to snag a Saturday pie but it sounds like I may need to be more stealthy in grabbing a reservation.

4 Likes

Ohmigod, I am totally there for a peach pie!!!

4 Likes

If I don’t snag a reservation for a Saturday pie I’m going to be sad.

3 Likes

Hi @ebethsdad,

Thanks, you’re too kind. That would be easy, though: It would be @J_L and @PorkyBelly as winners. I’m a newbie still learning! :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Hi @attran99, @A5KOBE, @paranoidgarliclover,

Yah. Even though Chef Margarita couldn’t see through our masks, we had the widest grins. I’m so excited if she can make that one soon! :blush:

Hi @A5KOBE,

Don’t give up! :slight_smile: Just hearing you recommend this, I’m dying to try the Coconut Key Lime Pie at least once. I can imagine it must be amazing.

1 Like