Republique

No. Squab/Quail/Pigeon dishes are typically found at more upscale restaurants and I typically don’t eat at those places unless I’m traveling so I probably just haven’t really been to enough higher end LA places.

Ah, gotcha. We have really good restaurants in Reno but it’s no culinary capital so we kinda do the same, but on a smaller scale.

Thanks for all the recs. I’ll be sure to bookmark this and review while I’m travelling!

1 Like

Quail alert!!! Tickets for LQ Foodings Spring Series 1.0 are now on sale! Menu features Devil’s Gulch Ranch quail.

Chef Laurent prepares quail like no other in L.A.

3 Likes

DAMMIT. Fridays are off limits for me. :basketball:

Thanks for the heads up though!

Note: MULTIPLE dates are available for this series…

Will wait for next available date to come up.

for you LA alcoholics, tequila dinner tomorrow

1 Like

http://foodtalkcentral.com/t/manzke-republique-and-profile/9438?u=elsiedee

duck duck… duck?

rodolphe le meunier butter, normandy france
say hello to my little baguette

big eye tuna tartare, imperial kaluga caviar, smoked tomato, toasted baguette
first time trying this and i agree with @TheCookie and @beam, it was pretty damn great. perfect proportions (@BradFord) to allow you to taste each ingredient in every bite. i also appreciated that the baguette was toasted just right to allow you to easily eat this in two bites.

spring onion, potato leek soup, pistachios

(new) crispy soft shell crab, baby broccoli, roasted cashew, sweet chili sauce
soft shell crabs, nature’s crab cakes. highlight of the night.

(new) porcini mafaldine, sonoma duck leg confit
rich, creamy and earthy, the mafaldine had nice chew. pretty good, but i still prefer the lobster mafaldine.

(new) wolfe ranch quail, black trumpet mushrooms, thao farms sunchoke
the quail was juicy and moist but the skin could have been crispier. loved the chewy, crispy sunchokes.

(new) en croute, strawberry, rhubarb, basil
wow another highlight (@Chowseeker1999, @Bookwich, @attran99, @A5KOBE), this was like a stawberry-rhubarb personal pot pie. when the server was incising the sugar crusted top-crust off to reveal the scarlet insides it reminded me of the chilled monkey brains in indiana jones and the ray liotta scene in hannibal. incorporating the basil into the ice cream was fucking brilliant, it perfectly balanced out the sweet harry’s berries and tart rhubarb.

11 Likes

Thanks @PorkyBelly. That looks amazing! Can’t wait to try the new dessert and the other highlights you had. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Definitely need to get that monkey brains :brain: thanks @PorkyBelly

2 Likes

:scream: Looks amazing, @PorkyBelly! Now how to figure out a way to Republique this week for dinner :thinking:

1 Like

PNG

7 Likes

I was too into C&H growing up… perfectly describes me :pensive:; to my SO’s chagrin

3 Likes
2 Likes

I’m still bummed I never got to try Sotto’s Chicken Liver Pasta!

Let’s cook?

http://www.sottorestaurant.com/press

(Scroll down for the video.)

1 Like

I am inordinately happy about this. French bistro! It’s going to be great.

1 Like

:fist: