Republique

Getting mine tomorrow haha.

3 Likes

11 Likes

As for this FTCer, I eat 100% of mine.

6 Likes

I picked up two of them at 3:00 today!

As well as a slice of their basque cheesecake which is absolutely phenomenal.

3 Likes

I need to share with my wife, so 75%…

4 Likes

I took a pic, but it’s kind of blurry (so I’m leaving it out).

Just had a piece of pie. DELICIOUS. @SpockSpork was worried the flavors wouldn’t mesh well, but mango and passionfruit go together perfectly (at least in this pie). The texture of the custard and cream is really phenomenal.

Also got the bostock (raspberry and orange peel flavors are excellent; no discernible black sesame flavor, though); the scone (some berry; not quite sure which); raspberry kouign amann; bombolini. I think what impresses me the most about the pastries is how they are rich w/o being heavy. Of the pastries, the bostock was my least favorite, although they were all very good or excellent.

Haven’t yet cut into the sourdough (they ran out of the baguette), and the chicken is heating in our oven. :slight_smile:

11 Likes

@TheCookie

pie

13 Likes

My mistake was only getting one slice, amateur hour.

Love their quiche too.

11 Likes

The couple I split the pie w/ finished their half in… 2 hrs? @SpockSpork and I would’ve easily finished our half the same day, but we forced ourselves to save some (the tiniest slice imaginable) for today. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

saturday slots now live @js76wisco, @attran99

3 Likes

Motherfucker

11 Likes

My disappointment is immeasurable, and my day is ruined.

9 Likes

Can’t believe it went so fast. Thanks for the heads up @PorkyBelly.

I had to double check bc I saw the raspberry and mango pie. Kept on pretending that the mango didn’t have the word sold out next to it

3 Likes

I’m still going to get cake, pastries, bombolinis, produce, etc… but very disappointed. I’m not venturing out to LA much these days. Congrats to those who were able to score. Next time.

2 Likes

Not quite the ruling passion here but we had the chicken dinner tonight.
Very generous proportions; it was a whole chicken for two people. Cooked perfectly, but last time we got it they included a wonderful reduction sauce which was missing. Something of a bummer. Potatoes were accompanied by an excellent Calabrian chili aioli. Bread, as always, was perfect, and this time there was more than enough butter. Vegetables were very good, although the asparagus suffered a bit from the time lag from cooking to eating. Salad was good, although the tarragon in the green goddess overpowered the whole. We were too full to try the dessert crisp yet, and they threw in two muffins for tomorrow’s breakfast. Its a lot of food. We will get at least two-and-a-half meals from it.
Pickup is now in the parking lot. Many people just stayed in their cars and let the young lady load it for them.

9 Likes

Stay strong my brethren for there is still hope.

7 Likes

If I show up on Saturday morning, I wonder if there will pie scalpers…

Maybe that one dude(tte) that was scalping n/naka reso’s has adjusted their game in the wake of COVID.

5 Likes

ezgif.com-add-text

4 Likes

This is like waking up Christmas morning to find out all your friends got presents, you didn’t get anything and santa pissed in your cheerios.

5 Likes

Well fuck…

2 Likes