Republique

looks like they’re changing it up a bit, wednesday and thursday slots are now open:

4 Likes

Good, because I’m booked up right now. :grin:

Damn, it looks like they only have the Raspberry Passion Fruit left. I suck at this.

I am curious to see how well that combination is. Make sure you report back if you decide to get it :slight_smile:

1 Like

If you enjoy ripe mango, you will love the mango passionfruit pie. The spouse is not a mango fan, and thus loves the raspberry passionfruit pie more. Either way, it’s probably the city’s most perfect pie.

6 Likes

I’m not. I got it before… will wait for the mango. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I’m aghast. ;-D On second thought - Hey, more mango for you!

2 Likes

They said they’ll have more mango for the weekend so maybe wait a couple days until the weekend slots open up?

2 Likes

:grin: It just seems like mango goes better with passionfruit.

1 Like

welcome to…

episode i - the wait
https://ftcsfo3digitaloceanspaces.b-cdn.net/uploads/default/original/3X/3/e/3ee0b95c559b6e3ccf2dbffd25d53663b86b2071.gif

11 Likes

I :hearts: Cats.

4 Likes

Just had my last piece of pie. Still held up very nicely in the fridge for 3 days. I was going to go back again this weekend for more pie.provisions but I have to run down to Carlsbad to pick up beers at Horus. Boo hoo.

6 Likes

Yeah, I actually imagine the tart from either mango and raspberry would pair very well w/ the passionfruit custard… I have not tried the raspberry version, but I imagine either one would be a winner.

1 Like

Damn sold out already

2 Likes

You’re an angel for giving the heads up! But OMG! It frickin’ sold-out as I was deciding on other stuff! Next time I’m pulling the trigger on the pie then doing a 2nd order for other things! This is Howlin’ Ray’s Fast Pass territory!

#firstworldproblems

4 Likes

Welcome to…

episode iii - the dejection
https://ftcsfo3digitaloceanspaces.b-cdn.net/uploads/default/original/3X/1/d/1dc974afde9dc114d9ca8880fea3ef2833700ef9.jpeg

7 Likes

LMAO! A complete sentence!

4 Likes

Yeah I changed my mind, came back and it was gone. Mistakes were made.

5 Likes

My order from Republique this past weekend.

salted caramel chocolate cake- this was really good but i ate it over 3 days since it was so rich and dense. It’s like a brownie, and I definitely had a glass of milk when I ate this.

Tamai farms strawberry and cream tart. This was probably the simplest item I got but it was so tasty, and my favorite. The strawberries were so good, and the whipped cream and pastry cream were the perfect level of sweetness to complement the strawberries.

First time trying basque cheesecake and I loved it. I don’t like cheesecake all that much because of how thick/dense it normally is, but I really liked the softer/runnier texture here.

Creme brulee bombolini (so good), regular croissant, and chocolate chip cookie. How do they get the outside of the cookie to taste like it’s caramelized like that? :yum:

Regular baguette with butter-- delicious.

14 Likes

Classic pairing!

4 Likes