Reservation scalping

@butteredwaffles Is that you lol :thinking::joy: This thread got so entertaining somehow :hand_with_index_finger_and_thumb_crossed:I really want to learn how to react to a post or replies just to do :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

you can quote a post in your reply.

1 Like

Thank you @PorkyBelly achievement unlocked :partying_face:

1 Like

To prove my innocence I’m taking everyone out to dinner. My budget is $1,500

12 Likes

Boring-Surprise3867

OP·35 min. ago

Prepaid a valid point.

Less prestigious? - Arguable. Please post a picture of your Hayato res here. Oh wait, you can’t. But there’s a french laundry res available on tock right now. Go ahead. Get on the waitlist at Hayato for the next 12 months and see if you’ll get one too.

I’ll put my money where my mouth is: If you get a dinner res for 2 Hayato, any day. DM me, I’ll pay you $400 in cash on top of your deposit. How’s that?

Actually, to anyone out there with a Hayato res for 2, any day. I’ll GLADLY pay anyone $400 on top of your deposit. The only reason I’m selling this one is because it’s a seat for 1.

someone call him out @porkybelly and collect

4 Likes

More from this person:

Boring-Surprise3867

OP·19 min. ago·edited 11 min. ago

He could easily fix it himself:

1. Booking 3 months ahead instead of 1.
  2. Having more than just one booking window (nnaka has 2)
  3. More seats? (I know these chefs would rather focus on quality, but this would definitely fix this)
  4. Raise his prices? If you sell out in 2 seconds you could probably charge 20-25% more and still sell out.
  5. Do more bookings for shorter windows?

Many ways, businesses like these exploit rarity for clout and act scalping is a huge problem when they can all fix it themselves. Why not bash everyone selling sneakers and rare watches at 2x-20x?

And please, someone send this thread to Brandon. Because he created it. At least I’m not doing camping his site to sell reservations like so many do for the reasons above. Just had an extra one I can’t attend.

3 Likes

I should have kept my saturday two top and offered it for free to someone else.

8 Likes

So if this jerk has an extra seat that he’s trying to scalp, it suggests he will be there at Hayato himself (and by himself), so he should be pretty easy to pick out, right?

he was only able to reserve 1 seat

1 Like

Oh. I guess I misread or misinterpreted his post, thought he had two seats and didn’t need one.

1 Like

detective-conan-shinichi-kudo
This is an open case :face_with_monocle::disguised_face::male_detective:

4 Likes

he’s right though, Brandon could immediately fix this by implementing demand based pricing himself and cutting out the middleman. he’d also draw immediate ire as prices go up to $1k/pp but he can wipe away the tears with $100 bills.

Brandon probably wants to make it more accessible to everyone but there’s a limit on how low he can go while keeping his operation sustainable.

5 Likes

Maybe Boring-Surprise3867 was saving up for a ticket to Habitué :joy:

5 Likes

FIFY

That’s a bit unfair when up until the past year or so he’s been selling high quality bentos at a really reasonable price. He definitely wasn’t charging 1% prices. I think he’s alluded to it being something that doesn’t make a lot of business sense based on the amount of labor, but something that they were still willing to do for a long time pre-pandemic. However, what they’re doing for their dinners needs to pay their salaries and expenses, and it certainly isn’t something that most people can justify paying for.

6 Likes

@boourns I think @moonboy403 made a typo and already corrected it. We all know Hayato team is doing their bestest to give everyone a chance at trying their crafts. We’re indeed too lucky to get to see them :two_hearts:

Honestly, whenever I got a reservation on Tock, it was like some of my happiest 10am of the month :smiling_face: of course, it gets harder and harder but it won’t hurt to try sometimes :hand_with_index_finger_and_thumb_crossed:

1 Like

I wasn’t responding to moonboy4, tailbacku is doing a cheeky faux edit of moonboy to make a point :slight_smile: That’s what the FIFY (fixed it for you) means.

3 Likes

Sorry I didn’t get the joke :sweat_smile:

1 Like

aw he deleted his account