Restaurant delivery services

This thread resurfacing is quite helpful to me, even if the specifics might be out of date. I live in Westwood – it’d be great if people specified locations. I’d love to be able to give and receive credits!

3 Likes

If you live in Westwood and like Middle Eastern food, have UberEats bring you food from Green Olive on Santa Monica Blvd. and Sepulveda. It will be there in a flash and it is really, really good and inexpensive. I either have it delivered via UberEats or go there at least twice a week.

If one is doing delivery through any of these services, really do yourself a favor and try the “Really Top Secret Lasagna” from Secret Lasagna and the Orange Chicken Burrito from Chino.

Both places delivery only.

1 Like

Orange Chicken Burrito

That is such a beautiful thing. I wish more places will make it. Reminds me I need my annual Panda Express meal soon (double order Orange Chicken, Beef and Broc, half chow mein half fried rice, fyeah!)

1 Like

What makes Chino’s orange chicken burrito really good is the fried rice, made with snap peas, that provides a nice (almost necessary) elemental earthy balance to what otherwise can be a very cloyingly sweet chicken.

1 Like

Postmates is the best because of the huge variety and high-quality drivers. Caviar is more predictable than Postmates – the restaurant will almost never cancel, and the menus are usually up to date – and also has high-quality drivers, but the selection is much lower. Every other delivery service is far inferior to these two.

Last 10 Postmates deliveries:

Jitlada (Thai)
Sotto (Italian)
Shekarchi (Persian)
Palm Grove (Ethiopian)
Pailin (Thai)
Lao Sze Chuan (Sichuan)
El Cochinito (Cuban)
Matsuhisa (Japanese)
Lacha Somtum (Thai)
Spice Affair (Indian)

1 Like

You mean restaurant locations or poster’s locations?

How do you do that?

Yep, and I forgot to note earlier delivery is free for $20+. That is a nice selection you got there btw.

Nice. Agree Postmates is best. Last night got it from Ham Ji Park for the first time. Got a massive portion of delicious, spicy squid noodles. Order came with salad, banchan, and rice. Huge amount of food, couldn’t have been happier.

2 Likes

I’ve been obsessing over the Secret Lasagna website. If Lasagna is on a menu my hubby forgets about everything else. They have yummy looking vegetarian items too. I’m also down to try the Orange Chix Burrito from Chino. I hope they come to my ‘hood (Miracle Mile).

1 Like

Is this the same Green Olive that used to be on Wilshire at Westgate? I miss that place so much.

@yogachik, I’m not sure if it related to the old Green Olive on Wilshire and Westgate and every time I go in there, I’ve been meaning to ask. I suspect it might be because I enjoy it as much as I enjoyed the Green Olive of which you speak. I was so saddened when that place closed and it was replaced with a horrible Middle Eastern place.

1 Like