Restaurant Openings in San Diego 2015

I read that the soon to open, Vigilante Brewery and Restaurant, in Del Mar is slated to have a Bocce court as well.

"The 4,500-square-foot brewery and restaurant will have two bars, a dining room filled with communal seating and a large 2,000-square-foot patio with fire pits and games, from horseshoes to bocce ball and ping pong, that look onto the San Dieguito River Park. "

Saw a sign on Garnet in PB. PB Pho coming soon.

Doubtless a Craft Bocce Ball industry is thus founded.

Did you go to the media opening last Thursday of the Crack Shack, Faklin?
:chicken:

Duke’s La Jolla opened last week…anyone go and see how the food and the killer ocean views are?
Aloha

Nah. I generally avoid those events.

1 Like

We were in La Jolla for lunch Saturday, but as of now Duke’s only has dinner hours, or we likely would have gone there. As it was, we went to Eddie Vs.

How was Eddie V’s for lunch?
Was there a ‘seal stench’?

The stench in that area is more from the sea lions and the birds, right? Too rocky for the seals.

Lunch was decent. The calamari appetizer pretty good (though maybe a bit light on the squid and heavy on the rice noodles). Both my wife’s grouper and daughter’s sole were pretty tasty (though the grouper portion could have been larger). I got a tuna “BLT”, and it tasted decent but the texture wasn’t doing it for me - should have gone with the tuna salad. We had glasses of the pinot noir which went pretty well with the lunch.

Dessert was very good. We got a hot chocolate Godiva cake (mostly consumed by the girls) and the butterscotch panna cotta (which had “happy birthday” written on the plate in chocolate, as we were sort of celebrating my xty-ninth.

Way before the seals hogged up Children’s Pool in LJ, they used to jump up on the big rock, called Seal Rock that is about 100 ft west of Children’s Pool…one Mensa seal figured it was too smart to be jumping up with the high tide to lay out, on top of the huge rock when there was a beach 100 ft away…that was in the early 90’s, when the seals moved over to the beach area…they haven’t been back to the rock since!
So, yes, there around the LJ cove area too.

Grouper…love that stuff.

Crack Shack opened this week…
Anyone slinging back a cold one and some fried :chicken:?

Unfortunately, it looks like the Vigilante Bocce movement has been delayed until End of Feb/Early March.

There is also a Bocce centric restaurant chain, called Pinstripes, slated to open in the new Del Mar One Paseo development in 2018

http://pinstripes.com/del-mar/

Devil’s Dozen has finally opened.

Donut shop. Little Italy. Next to Kettner Exchange.

We went last week. Nice room but a bit too bright over at the banquette on the south wall. Good service. Spam fried rice was outstanding. Poke tacos, “Creative King Salmon”, and Stick Ribs app all really good too.

Vigilante looks way too classy for the bocce courts that I am used to. In St. Louis, bocce courts were in the back of “beer and a shot” type of bars, more often in the Italian neighborhoods.

Looks like the new food hall at Liberty Station is being delayed until January 2016

Entrada in Little Italy recently opened and looks like a decent Baja Bar & Restaurant. Anybody been?
Entrada Menu