Restaurants Closing for Delivery & Takeaway

Thought it would be helpful to start a thread on restaurants closing for takeaway and delivery:

Mozzaplex
Sqirl
Gjusta
Taco Maria

Hope it’s not a trend.

5 Likes

Starting Saturday Sqirl is taking over Chi Spaccas role in providing meals to affected restaurant workers. So not closing for good.

Plus I believe Gjusta plans to reopen April 5. Unless thats changed.

2 Likes

Also Ginza Sushi Onodera.

1 Like

Night + Market after Saturday.

I hate this thread. :sleepy:

3 Likes

Two days old, but…

Konbi

I know these were early movers in this aspect but still have to mention
Majordomo
Howlin Rays
Nightshade

It is definitely a trend and a sad one at that. It’s only going to get worse in LA/OC these next few weeks.

In an interesting development in San Diego (?LA/OC too) many restaurants seem to be pivoting to groceries.

1 Like

On groceries,

Yes, then no, then yes again in the City of L.A.

2 Likes

hayato

From PorkyBelly…

https://www.theinfatuation.com/los-angeles/guides/la-neighborhood-delivery-takeout-directory-coronavirus-2#sgv

1 Like

Wait a minute not that it matters but Porky is an young attractive woman from Hawaii? I had a completely different picture in my head

1 Like

Haha this is way better.

Some are closing because in anticipation that from mid April to the end of the month it will hit its peak

1 Like

If you want to suggest that posts be moved to a more appropriate category / topic, please flag them with a note to that effect.

2 Likes

Sonoratown last day “for now” tonight.

Damn, I got their party tray option last night and no idea it was their last day. Might explain why it was so crowded with lots of folks waiting outside (distanced). That’s a real bummer, as the food was great and the curbside pickup option worked well.

1 Like

Just as I was planning to make a visit, darn:

https://www.instagram.com/p/B-kHEaljPR0/

Damnit. Was planning to go next weekend. Well, I hope Onda certain survives b/c I loved what they were doing most recently.

Little Flower Pasadena