Restaurants - Delivery or Pick Up Options

8 Likes

Anyone know of any meat wholesalers selling to the public ala luxe seafood etc?

Looking to purchase a meat box.

Check out Jeff Bovon on Instagram, he runs J&J Distributors https://jandjdistributors.com/
He has some meat and seafood boxes on his IG page

https://www.instagram.com/jeffbovon/

https://www.instagram.com/p/B-d_aJjjiHv/

6 Likes

Gjusta opening back up tomorrow

7 Likes

This is great for the community. I’m feeling a little guilty lately being able to buy & eat anything that pops in my mind or sparks my fancy - there are some folks right here in L.A. literally starving right now.

I clicked on the link and saw this exchange as well.

5 Likes

Not sure what quality you wanted or if you were hoping for more of a CSA box experience but here’s a post and my response just below regarding some meat wholesalers selling to the public that run the spectrum from commodity to premium.

3 Likes

Apple Pan is doing pickup - I’ll just leave this here.

3 Likes

Not a steak eater myself, but just saw that Mastro’s Beverly Hills has popped up on Uber Eats.

Truxton’s (all locations) have a $7 lunch special and $3 for children. Different item each day. Order online or by their phone app. We had their Chicken Linguine with side salad. Very good and very reasonable.

3 Likes

On Tuesday, Gov. Gavin Newson outlined a set of policies to be enacted at restaurants once California’s stay-at-home orders are lifted, including taking customer temperatures at the door, requiring servers to wear masks and gloves, reducing the number of tables by 50% to increase physical distancing and providing disposable menus.

1 Like

Yeah imma just keep ordering takeout

2 Likes

How do we feel about staff at places wearing masks but not gloves? Was just at The Joint, a nice high-end seafood store in Sherman Oaks that has a good dry-aged fish selection, and nobody was wearing gloves… I like the place and am toward the middle of the scale when it comes to covid hygiene/isolation/precautions, but it was enough to make me not want to go back there. It just felt sloppy for a seafood store. I suppose I could be missing something about needing tactile feedback or not constantly cross contaminating every piece of fish you’re piecing from. Also of note, they were constantly touching and adjusting their masks…

I think gloves are useless in this case. Touching the face is a problem though.

5 Likes

Lack of gloves doesn’t bother me, as long as they’re washing their hands freq (not sure how anyone would know that) or touching directly touching stuff that I’m going to eat raw (like a salad).

I honestly feel like people don’t know how to use gloves “correctly” (having a false sense of security), and the gloves end up protecting the employee (very important, of course) more than they protect the customer.

The grossiest thing that happened to me this past wk (not COVID-19 related) was when an employee (at a restaurant that shall remain nameless) sneezed, blew their nose, and then grabbed my to-go bag WITHOUT WASHING THEIR HANDS. Gloves or not, that’s just disgusting. I wrote an e-mail to the restaurant about it. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Pasjoli

Paired with

Shunji

Urasawa

Paired with

Bulgarini

23 Likes

HI @ilykejordans,

Nice set of meals. :slight_smile: If I may ask, how much was the Urasawa takeout and what did you think of it?

$200 + tax/tips, honestly it’s my favorite bento out of all the ones I’ve had. I would argue the QPR is actually there considering it is Urasawa, they give you the actually ceramics/utensils you get at dinner to keep.

6 Likes

FTC baller alert

4 Likes

Wow you are entering into @PorkyBelly territory here! Beautiful shots of lovely food!!

1 Like

Had no idea this place was still in business, it’s been so long since the name has been dropped.

2 Likes