Restaurants - Delivery or Pick Up Options

Anyone do the latest iteration of Papilles yet? Their IG pics look amazing.

2 Likes

Found Oyster! :heart_eyes: I Cannot…Wait!

1 Like

Back in stock

https://www.instagram.com/p/CAWEQWYjch1/

6 Likes

Thanks! Trying it all.

1 Like

got ooe #covid15

2 Likes

Got a key lime - thanks notification squad!

3 Likes

Just got notice that, due to the demand, the Rose/Tock is repeating the Catch & Release menu this Thursday-Saturday.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CAV17sUjZdX/?hl=en

1 Like

Going to pick up a pie from Superfine on Saturday. Anybody have suggestions for good desserts near Superfine? I was going to order Fat and Flour but it looks like they only do Friday pick up. My other option was going to Antico for ice cream but my drive from there is probably 45-50 minutes. Anybody do that long a drive home with the ice cream? Do I need dry ice or will a lot of ice packs suffice?

1 Like

they do saturday, there’s an option to change the day when you checkout.

another option, strawberry daifuku from fugetsu-do

3 Likes

Thanks for the suggestions and tips @PorkyBelly. I was trying to change the date before placing the order. Happy to be trying the key lime pie at Fat and Flour. I’ll probably drop by and do some mochi daifuku at fugetsu-do as well since I’m right there.

3 Likes

If you’re into mochi, also the fresh mochi ball ice cream at mikawaya in the jtown plaza.
Favorite flavors are mango, sesame, and green tea.

How about Proof Bakery? That’s not that far from DTLA and she makes nice tarts, etc.

I’ve never been but I know people love their croissants. What desserts are good?

I love her chocolate and curd tarts. She also does seasonal fruit galettes, and more celebration-type layer cakes. Really, everything is good there.

1 Like

If they’re slanging steccas I highly recommend one for takeout.

5 Likes

Yes, love the steccas!

Hit up fried rice , Kung pao chicken and sautéed eggplant from Chengdu taste Alhambra last night. They just rei
Opened and Might be even better than before… and noticeably more spicy.

15 Likes

Nice Memorial Day BBQ package.

I see that Tempura Endo in Beverly Hills has popped up on Postmates for delivery – for $150, $200 or $280. It seems to me that tempura is the one food that absolutely, positively doesn’t work for takeout or delivery, even more so than sushi. Hell, I don’t even like to have tempura where they deliver it to my table in the restaurant – I think the only way to eat tempura is sitting at the bar where you are handed it piece by piece as it comes off the fryer.

11 Likes