Restaurants outside LA County but within driving distance

Oh, right, it’s just a coincidence that you’re asking for recommendations over the border just when Covid stats might trigger a mask mandate. I don’t know where I could have gotten that crazy idea. I guess you were talking about using actual lemons to make actual lemonade.

3 Likes

You know they’re not banning eating indoors right?

2 Likes

Sure, but, you know, some people would rather drive to another county than wear a mask for a minute while walking around a restaurant.

1 Like

Yes, I understand that indoor dining will be allowed. Thanks.

Haha man, I’ve been perfectly fine wearing a mask working out indoors so I cannot relate but hey to each their own.

But per the initial question, I feel like there is tons of stuff on the board already about OC/IE/Ventura. For PW’s tastes, I recommend a jaunt up the 101 to Bell’s.

2 Likes

This topic isn’t really about finding places to eat.

I guess I won’t suggest Jocko’s then, https://jockossteakhouse.com/.

1 Like

Got to keep it to an hour or less from DTLA. Driving farther than that to avoid wearing a mask for a minute would be silly.

2 Likes

I don’t really know how to read “lemons into lemonade” as anything other than a not so stealth covid comment or just a troll, but y’all can very easily hit Westminster, Artesia, Taco Maria, Heritage bbq, the dutchess or rory’s in Ojai. And as @bruins mentioned, there’s ton of stuff to search on this board.

5 Likes

Is non permitted food stands ok?

7 Likes

It really is. We will be eating only at non-LA County restaurants. So we would like recommendations.

1 Like

Thank you — all very helpful.

1 Like

This statement is batshit. You need to chill. Its a mask. You arent losing your house or livelihood.

16 Likes

Yikes.

10 Likes

Flagging this post for moderation.

You can have whatever opinion you want, you can go eat wherever you want to “protest,” but the kind of misinformation in this post is genuinely dangerous.

10 Likes

gosh i am absolutely dying at the concept of this protest hahaha. this dude is really driving more than an hour to eat worse food than what he could find a block from his place, all so he doesn’t have to wear a mask for about two minutes.

If he isn’t quite Rosa Parks, he’s certainly at the level of a decent hunger striker. What a noble, noble cause.

4 Likes

If I had been drinking something, I would’ve spat it out from laughter. Touché, sir/madam/they.

What I find really bizarre about this protest is that, AFAIK, it’s “just” a mask mandate in LA. But indoor dining is not being affected otherwise, right? (meaning restaurants don’t have to seat a half capacity, etc.) So the poster is simply punishing LA businesses for something they can’t control, which seems… counterproductive to me. But all JMHO.

3 Likes

This board is for discussing food. I don’t know why warrior can’t resist the compulsion to keep posting this stuff, which would still be off-topic even if it wasn’t misinformation.

5 Likes

If not for the quoted part of the post that was apparently deleted I’d have no idea what the big deal was here. Some people can really get there panties in a bunch over this stuff even after 2 1/2 years. Now…… driving an hour for some great food isn’t a bad idea, if that were the reason.

Alameda County put back a mask order for about 3 weeks a short while ago. My daughter owns a craft beer bar there and said it was only a ripple compared to the time they actually had serious problems staying in business last year.

Seems like everyone we know has had Covid with minimal problems, but it’s like a brush fire that can get out of control if not contained. Better safe than sorry.

1 Like

I’ve lost count of hiw many times I’ve suspended Warrior for posting Covid misinformation.

13 Likes