Retail Caviar in LA

super cool. pretty website as well… this caspian applauds

1 Like

This place has a good range of selections of sturgeon caviar. Sherman oaks Ventura near woodman

I found excellent caviar at this wine shop
Wine shop is closed but they only sell,great caviar m-f 10:30 to 4 or so
Sign says 2020 wine shop. At 2020 cotner, between Olympic and Santa Monica,

One can really do bang bang bang shopping with fish at The Joint, caviar at Absolute, and pick up a baguette wit butter from Petit Trois, all practically on the same intersection of Ventura and Woodman.

4 Likes

Joint distributes Astrea for us as well, so if anyone needs an immediate curiosity fix with a side by side, there’s the opportunity!

3 Likes

SEAFOOD PROVISIONS LIST

BAKERY + CAFE MENU

Come join us on December 18th and 19th for an exclusive tasting event as we partner with Astrea Caviar!

Astrea sets itself apart from other caviar companies by carefully raising and monitoring sturgeon up to 25 years old. Raised in the pristine waters and high altitude of China’s Yunnan Province, the sturgeon are able to grow freely and comfortably, resulting in roe that are larger in size. Much like our own processes here at The Joint Seafood, Astrea also utilizes aging in order to create extreme depth and complexity in flavor.

Members of the Astrea Caviar team will guide your experience, answering any and all questions about their product.

Each tasting ticket feeds 1-2 and will include:

14g Russian Oscietra Hybrid

14g Kaluga Hybrid

14g Schrenckii

14g Oscietra

Mini Milk Bread Toast Points

Whipped Yuzu Kosho Crème Fraiche

Champagne pairings will be available for purchase.

PURCHASE CAVIAR TICKET HERE

Please email all seafood pre-orders to info@thejointeatery.com

Any orders sent as a reply to this message will not be processed.

Order must include:

-Name:

-Phone number:

-Preferred Pick Up Date & Time:

Please be specific with how you would like your fish cut and prepared including weights. When your order is ready for pick up, you will receive an email which will include an invoice that indicates your order is ready.

We will try our best to have your order ready at your desired time, but it is not guaranteed. All orders require payment before they are released.

We do not offer curbside pick up. All customers must enter the building to pick up all orders, we appreciate your understanding.

Same day pre-order cut off is 3pm. All orders received after 3pm will be attended to when we re-open the next business day at 10:00 AM.

For questions, please e-mail for faster response or call 818-510-0626.

5 Likes

Ill be there.

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CXPTakLN9Fc/?utm_medium=copy_link

Vino at Trio in Alhambra is doing a cool event this Saturday. Probably the cheapest possible way I’ve seen to try our caviar.

1oz ton of oscietra hybrid, broasted chicken and waffles (if you’ve never had broasted chicken you’re in for a treat) and a bottle of Pol Roger champagne for $125. Price is a crazy deal.

I’m bringing my wife and kid!

Won’t be at Joint to meet anyone from FTC- wife’s bday so we will be at Harbor House Inn

4 Likes

Picked up an order from Astrea this week. Great service, beautifully packaged, and I can’t wait to dig in next week. Thanks, @Clayfu!

1 Like

You can get the $39 “classic” caviar Tsar Nicolai 1 ounce from Whole Foods. The best QPR if you want to buy 2 or 3 and eat it all yourself.

1 Like

Mail order from a farm in North Carolina made in the USA https://www.marshallbergfarm.com/

All of the 1oz Tsar Nichoulai tins at Whole Foods is 25% off this week. I might try the estate white surgeon. Have you had this? It’s $60 but on sale for $45 right now.

5 Likes

I haven’t. That price is tempting. I usually wait for the sale on the $39 caviar to get it even cheaper. I’m satisfied with it enough that I haven’t been tempted yet to go more premium.

2 Likes

In case anybody is looking for some NYE caviar

2 Likes

Whole Foods had a 25% discount this week. Caviar for $29.99

1 Like

@Clayfu Did I happen to spy Astrea caviar being used in Battle Tailgate/Ribs by Iron Chef Marcus Samuelsson? That packaging was very familiar.

3 Likes

Mei Lin certainly used Astrea.

1 Like

Good eye!

Yes - they used Astrea caviar for this iron chef series on Netflix!

episode 7 - mei Lin’s episode it gets a much more prominent display.

Episode 2 you’d need an eagle eye haha. It pops up for a second.

7 Likes

Alton Brown and Kristen Kish seemed to love it.

3 Likes

I’m only about halfway through the season.

Congratulations for the product placement!

4 Likes

Thanks!

Mei Lin was a huge part of it. We didn’t know the extent of it until we watched it.

3 Likes