Road Trip!

Depends where you’re going. I never had trouble finding parking near la ciccia or dragon beaux. But trying to find parking near liholiho or Russian hill will make driving the 405 the Wednesday before thanksgiving seem easy.

4 Likes

Love the muni also .

I can still parallel park pretty competently, even after all these years. Is that very common in LA-area?

I never really had trouble finding parking in most places in SF. Just give yourself a 45 mins head start so you have time to look for parking.

1 Like

Parallel?

I recently had a stop-off at Rancho Nipomo (one exit south from Jocko’s). Thought the tri-tip there was really solid. About as good as you’ll get from a place with walls. Served wholly un-adorned on a bolillo. Happened to be there at happy hour. Lots of cheap local crafts. The Santa Maria Brewing company is across the street for a proper bangbang.

2 Likes

Hey TheCookie, I haven’t looked at your list but for a central location I would find an Airbnb in Hayes Valley. It’s become sort of the Soho of SF, with cute non chain shops and eateries. Rich Table, Zuni, Monsieur Benjamin, 20th Century Café (bagels and honey cake), Roni, etc. all right there. Smugglers Cove for great high quality tiki cocktails. Short Uber to LihoLiho, Perbacco, Cotogna, Quince, Mister Jiu’s, etc. , etc.

3 Likes

Good suggestion.

Map of Hayes Valley, San Francisco, CA 94102

2 Likes

That is indeed about 2 blocks from Daly City, and in nowheresville. I know someone who lives on Hanover and Lowell, and he pays property taxes to both SF and San Mateo counties, as his lot is right on the county line. And let us know how long it takes you to get downtown on the Mission bus from there.

Okay, this helps. We’ll do what we do at home. Some places we drive to and some we Lyft.

Hi @Emglow101 - Do you mean cab instead of Lyft/Uber? Or instead driving and parking?

Thanks @brisket44!

I stand corrected. Thanks, CV

I’ve generally asked. Are you competent at parallel parking?

Yep

Then, yeah, you can drive. But I wouldn’t if I’d never done it before.

The two of us had dim sum for breakfast/lunch for, IIRC, under $35 for both of us Maybe four dishes. Depends on your appetite.

1 Like

I’m checking out the AirBnb situation in S.F. I have to adjust my thinking to the 7x7 miles situation. It’s looking a little too communal. The reason for AirBnb-ing for us was privacy and at least a fridge and coffee station. I’m glad we have a month to plan. I’m going to start checking out hotels. :relaxed:

What’s your price goal?