Road Trip!

See? It’s all psychological based on stuff that is actually dangerous. I’ve been thrown, kicked, bitten & trampled, yet I still ride horses. I had one scary experience as a child in a car on a cliff. That’s all it took! :smile:

2 Likes

I’ve said that we all have phobias that are irrational. So what? I can be irrational if I want to :smile:

1 Like

See? I read this and I think hmmm? But then they’re just as many people who say it’s terrifying, so…

I’ll give people familiar with Los Angels an example of my threshold. I get nervous coming down the back way (cliffside) from Lake Hollywood, I can take Beverly Glen from Sunset to the Valley and back, but NOT Coldwater Canyon especially if I’m next to the drop.

1 Like

Yeah. Then Big Sur is just not going to happen for you without drugs.
Actually . . . I have an idea . . .

6 Likes

…gummy bears!

2 Likes

Love those!

1 Like

Like minds @attran99 -

This is just what we’re doing.

1 Like

And a scarf, heavy jacket, long pants, and closed-toed shoes wouldn’t be enough for that? :wink:

Is it speed dependent? That’s pretty sensitive… :frowning:

I kinda’ think that’s what I’ve been sayin’. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I know, but I thought I was sensitive, and you’re even more so… :wink:

1 Like

After much to do, silence. An update, just in case y’all were waiting with bated breath (doubtfully :slight_smile:) for my report on the now infamous road trip. Too much unexpected stuff has come up for June, then we realized we have a family event in August in S.B. That seems like the perfect excuse to keep driving north. Thanks to this thread and a few great messages we’ll definitely be more than prepared. :grin: TBC…

2 Likes

I’m not sure what has been more disappointing this week
the California Michelin stars or you postponing your trip?

4 Likes

Funny!!!

I call it “life interfering.”

1 Like

Now you can get that la ciccia resy

2 Likes

I was thinking the same thing! I think I spoke with the owner when canceling. She was so sweet.

1 Like

Back on! For reelz, though. Last minute plan to Carmel for a long weekend. I dodged a bullet… for all my insistence on avoiding the terrifying winding-ness of mountain roads I was actually on my way to Big Sur! Having been pooh-poohed and outvoted by the crew. Then! My son realized how remote it is with no shops and restaurants nearby and how much more planning it would take (Airbnb, grocery shopping, provisions, etc.) and vetoed it. We might still take a day trip to BS… and I’ll pack lots of gummies. Anyhoo… looking forward to re-reading the recs on this thread. I’m so excited to be getting out of the house! Road trip!

3 Likes

You can take a day trip from Carmel to big sur. Stop at Nepanthes along the way.

1 Like

Beautiful!

1 Like

I also suggest. Point Lobos . The beauty of Carmel . I take it as one of the most pristine locations on the California coast.

2 Likes