Road Trip!

I think I’ve seen duck tongues only at Shanghai places.

Where did you have those? And speaking of, as I asked above, do you like Yank Sing XLB better than Bund Shanghai?

There’s so much misinformation and ignorance in this thread about Yank Sing and Dragon Beaux.

If it wasn’t so mind numbing, it would be hilarious. Well, in fact, it still kind of is. Hilarious, that is.

Thanks for your insightful tips on where to go and what to order.

1 Like

Thanks Cath!

Please cite those things.

1 Like

We lived there for 20+ years and I still love it so much :slight_smile:

This.

If we lived locally I’m sure we’d check out Yank Sing. I’ve seen and read too much about Dragon Beaux from two of our favorite FTCers to not go. Plus, I love the name. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

You guys are making me want to fly!

1 Like

Thanks, Sweets!

1 Like

Always pronounced it Pasa Robulls. And will continue. Lol.

1 Like

That’s exactly what I meant!

I should say Yank SIng has the best XLB I’ve had at a dim sum place. I’m not into them enough to say who has the best.

From time to time there have probably been better places for dim sum in SF (Harbor Village was for sure), but Yank Sing has kept up its standards for decades while the other places went downhill (often after the chefs that put them on the map moved on).

Still waiting to hear about this.

Just got this. Free parking!

https://www.hotels.com/ho134529?rffrid=OLA.HCOM.US.922183.003.None.08.C08.6087430231898.None.Newsfeed.Multiple.SAID.qJao5jonSECI4Pf3&fbclid=IwAR35rJFfLmSGZBB9w_mMuztF7rhKaPFCxfQ_xerUWNDodXYwFNUEpHmb9sc

Pretty remote location. Two blocks south and you’d be in Daly City.

Hardly. AND with free parking I don’t consider the location bad at all. Particularly because it’s right on Mission. IMO anything on Mission provides better access to public transpo than most other nabes…unless you want to spend $300/nt.

Use Google Maps to see how long it would take from there to places you might want to go on public transportation.

Much more central location with free parking:

Sounds good.

We stayed at the Marina Motel on Lombard last year. You get your own garage :slight_smile: Our room had a full kitchen.

I want to start a list of the recs for local S.F. places. Based on what I’m reading, parking the car and Lyfting is the way to go. We want to AirBnb in a central location near shops, restaurants, hotels even if it’s pricier. Is everything close together or are the main eating destinations (like restaurant rows) in pockets that require some driving? Example - Venice, Beverly-Grove, K-town, Silverlake, SGV, etc? Is this a good question or should I post my list first? :slight_smile: