Road Trip!

That is indeed about 2 blocks from Daly City, and in nowheresville. I know someone who lives on Hanover and Lowell, and he pays property taxes to both SF and San Mateo counties, as his lot is right on the county line. And let us know how long it takes you to get downtown on the Mission bus from there.

Okay, this helps. We’ll do what we do at home. Some places we drive to and some we Lyft.

Hi @Emglow101 - Do you mean cab instead of Lyft/Uber? Or instead driving and parking?

Thanks @brisket44!

I stand corrected. Thanks, CV

I’ve generally asked. Are you competent at parallel parking?

Yep

Then, yeah, you can drive. But I wouldn’t if I’d never done it before.

The two of us had dim sum for breakfast/lunch for, IIRC, under $35 for both of us Maybe four dishes. Depends on your appetite.

1 Like

I’m checking out the AirBnb situation in S.F. I have to adjust my thinking to the 7x7 miles situation. It’s looking a little too communal. The reason for AirBnb-ing for us was privacy and at least a fridge and coffee station. I’m glad we have a month to plan. I’m going to start checking out hotels. :relaxed:

What’s your price goal?

That yellow cab . They are fighting for their jobs after the onslaught of uber and Lyft. Those uber and Lyft drivers are way to slow and cautious in their pretty little cars .

2 Likes

Okay, as long as the car is new and zippy we’re good.

I just don’t know now. I’m used to L.A. The AirBnbs are much nicer and for less.

LA is SO much bigger. Over $100? I know I can find you something :slight_smile:

Way over. But I’m not really liking those either. My head is starting to hurt.

I’m going to sleep. I’ll find you something. I’m really good at this sort of thing :slight_smile:

Maybe we should just do the fly in for a fun weekend at a nice hotel, a swanky restaurant and a little sightseeing. And do the coast trip over the summer. This is getting complicated. :grin:

3 Likes

Exactly. SF is so much smaller than the urban sprawl of LA . Figure going from Culver city to venice beach.

2 Likes