Roma Deli - Downhill?

Have tried Tony’s multiple of times before I knew there was Roma.

The textureless bread is barely on par with Frumento’s. It was night n day when compared to Roma a couple of years ago. The cold cuts were just nowhere as good, and the combination of mortadella along with “Italian” dressing just grossed me out. No thanks. I know the hospital staff needs to get fed, but I’m not a hungry and broke LPN.

1 Like

Hey @nashwill they just revived a ten-year old thread of yours on Chowhounds

1 Like

Let’em. I just don’t even go there anymore. Treated some folks badly, turned into some kind of Morality Nazis, and too damn many ads.

2 Likes

Agreed. I do check in occasionally, but its schadenfreude. All the best!

1 Like

i lurk once a week when i’m using wifi (in case they’re tracking IP addresses of former users).

i see that most of the new posts are in threads are at least five years old if not over 10 years old, and in some cases with hopelessly obsolete info. i felt bad when a few out of town posts requesting suggestions went more or less unheeded. but not badly enough to respond. one was for a dinner that took place last night.

Rosario Mazzeo says he hasn’t missed a single day of work in 70 years. The owner of Roma Market in Pasadena arrives at 4:30 a.m. and works until 8:30 p.m., seven days a week.

“This is my life,” he says on a recent morning, sitting in a chair opposite the entrance. “Not even one day I take off. I like what I’m doing.”

5 Likes

I’m sure he has never been sick a day in his life.

/s

2022 update. The sesame seeds are back.

12 Likes