Romantic Eats at the Beach

A friend asked me to rec a place with an ocean view to take his lady for their anniversary. I suggested Lobster, but was wondering if anyone had newer or favorite spots in the Venice/Santa Monica/Malibu areas. Thanks! :ocean: :sun_with_face: :palm_tree:

hi @TheCookie,
nobu. thanks.

4 Likes

Good one. :slightly_smiling_face:

More for the views than the food, though the food is decent, there are also Penthouse at the Huntley, One Pico at Shutters, Elephante, and Catch at Casa Del Mar. I have not been but Blue Streak at the Loews Santa Monica might be another option.

3 Likes

I’ll 2nd Nobu or if they’re willing to drive a bit further, Geoffrey’s.

3 Likes

Thanks! I’ll add them to the list.

Capo or Elephante could work

1 Like

While Capo is very attractive inside, and the food is good (albeit very expensive, even before the automatic 20% service charge), it does not offer any ocean views.

3 Likes

The views are across Ocean Ave from a low vantage point, but both Blue Plate Oysterette and Blue Plate Taco are solid (I prefer Oysterette) and a tiny bit cheaper than many of the places already named (though still not inexpensive). There’s also Meat on Ocean.

1 Like

On the PCH, Duke’s is probably a bit too casual for an anniversary celebration, but you also have Mastro’s Ocean Club and Moonshadows.

1 Like

I’m a picnic over 2 chilled bottles on the beach type of romantic

6 Likes

Bucket of fried ocean creatures and a beer @ Neptune’s Net for me…

Or takeout from Broad St wine and seafood picnic.

(Sorry that’s probably not helpful. Nobu’s probably dope. Playa Provisions. Does the Arthur J have a view?)

1 Like

I’d pass on Elephante. Food is really mediocre, service is pretty bad, and the ocean views require looking over the rooves of many houses/alleys.

1 Like

Malibu Farm Restaurant (on the Malibu Pier)

2 Likes

Thanks All! I passed the suggestions on… all except the picnic on the beach and beers & buckets of seafood type things. That will work for hubs & me, but my friend’s lady doesn’t like dives or sand. :face_with_raised_eyebrow: The Huntley seemed to spark a memory for him, so…

Curious @Nemroz. What beach do you picnic on?

1 Like

Been wanting to check it out. So quaint & Cape Cod-ish.

2 Likes

Please do, and report back!

1 Like

It’s (obviously) gorgeous and has frose so that’s all you really need :slight_smile:

1 Like

whatever beach we land on… we went to billionaire’s beach the most in the past but then it was closed for access during pandemic. now we get to go to ventura and north.

3 Likes

Mastro’s Ocean, Malibu Farm, Penthouse, Moonshadows, The Sunset

1 Like