Salad Dressing Ideas for a Roasted Beet Salad

I’m thinking of making a roasted beet salad to go along with our Christmas dinner this year. I’m thinking roasted beets (off different colors), arugula, thinly sliced onions, and apples. Any ideas/recipes on what dressing to toss these ingredients in? Also willing to take ideas for extra add-ins to the salad. I’m going to have goat cheese on the side because my husband and kids don’t appreciate goat cheese.

Thanks!

On a couple of special occasions I’ve made this beautiful roasted beet and goat cheese salad in individual servings. It’s labor intensive but there’s a big “WOW” factor. The dressing is a simple combination of shallots, lemon juice, salt pepper and pistachio oil. I’ve used walnut oil, instead, because it’s much easier to find.

If you’re preparing one large salad, shelled pistachio nuts would be a nice addition.

1 Like

I do a nice roasted beet, blue cheese and romaine salad. I drizzle homemade honey mustard dressing over it before serving.

1 Like

Honey mustard vinaigrette for mine, and I usually add some pickled red onions.

1 Like

I was also going to suggest blue cheese if you think your husband and kids would prefer that over goat cheese. As far as dressings go, I always enjoy a vinaigrette; balsamic, champagne or citrus would all be good.

1 Like

My favorite dressing for roasted beets is crème fraiche seasoned with toasted, ground cumin seeds with some salt and pepper to taste. I usually add some quick pickled red onions (red wine vinegar, red chili pepper flakes, sugar, water), some citrus segments, avocado, and toasted pepitas.

1 Like