Salt Bae Opened His First LA Restaurant Last Weekend, and Almost No One Noticed

MichaelJacksonPopcorn

3 Likes

There was so much shade in this article…and I loved it.

1 Like

Lolol! I mean he seems like a tool but how bad could it really be? It’s a steakhouse - step 1 buy good steak. Step 2 don’t fuck it up step 3 add salt?

2 Likes

I was told that there’s a tomahawk covered in edible gold leaf…

Just gonna leave it at that.

:nauseated_face:

8 Likes

I am more shocked that people pay $100 for a cappuccino with gold foil on top (which you can buy for $1)

The Yelp reviews are pretty special too. It’s fascinating to see people revel in how ostentatious it is.

I am shocked by how many actual photos of this drink exists. WTF

1 Like

that is so dumb! Lol but congrats to them for turning $1.50 worth of ingredients into $100. If people will pay that for a cappuccino then that’s what its worth.

Should we chip in and buy @JLee some Medium white T-shirts & Gold leaf?!

1 Like

Okay, but seriously,

1 Like

So at the beginning of the Jason Statham insta video…is he squeezing the juice out of the steak or what?

https://www.instagram.com/p/COZwPsWhyk5/?utm_source=ig_embed&utm_campaign=loading

I think it’s the same person taking like 10 pics, but still.

Who wants to go to a place where they salt the steak after it’s cooked?

Yelpers.

3 Likes

I’m guessing it’s salted before AND after like the bisteca fiorentina.

I’m guessing it’s more the IG crowd than the yelpers. Although there’s probably a big overlap between the two.

1 Like

IG, TikTok, etc…

1 Like

Love watching garbage that someone thinks LA is made for burn down

1 Like

Yeah. There is nothing like the pop of a good sea salt (I love Maldon) on a piece of rare steak! Why wouldn’t you salt it both before and after?

2 Likes

I’m a fan of the Cyprus flake salt . But then again . There is Dario Cecchini , who throws these fads out the window. Love it .

I’ll leave this here

7 Likes