Salt & Straw Fermentation Flavors for June

Do you know which ice cream shops use Mexican vanilla beans and which ice cream shops use Madagascar vanilla beans?

I don’t know of any that use Mexican beans.

Many use vanilla extract sourced from a variety of beans; others use Madagascar (Carmela) or a combination of different origin beans.

Waited on line Saturday night at 9:30 for ~30 minutes at the Venice location. The ice cream at S&S still continues to be amazing. The strawberry and toasted white chocolate and ooey chocolate brownie are heaven.

While we were waiting on line a bearded hipster in a green and white van stopped dead in the middle of Abbott Kinney, craned his head out the window and yelled “it’s not that good. It’s not worth the wait”. I disagree. And so do all the other people who were still waiting on line at 10:15.

I just looked up the special flavors for July - it’s the Berry Series. Yum. I need to get back over there before the end of the month.

The buttermilk with blueberries and wild berry sherbet were outstanding.

1 Like

Buttermilk with blueberries definitely caught my eye. and the birthday cake with blackberries because I do sometimes have the sweet tooth of a six year old.