San Diego Wines, from San Diego County grapes

Doc what I was getting at is that all of the Los Pilares wines are from local SD county grapes and they make all their wines at the Vinavanti winery. Vinavanti only lists their wines on the website, but all the Los Pilares wines are tasted and sold there too. Their Granache and Granache/Carignane are both very good, but what I really want to try is their Pet Nat Cabernet Sauv.

I tried all the Vinavanti wines including the syrah.

Heading over to Vesper/Stehleon in the next 15 minutes. Definitely getting more of the Stehleon Sangiovese , the Vesper Granache rose, and the Rancho Guejito white blend.

I struck out trying to get the Stehleon sangiovese at Whole Foods, at least at the one in LJ. Grrr…shoulda called.

Hello Doc, I suggest calling them (Stehleon/Vesper) directly to ask who is carrying it. If you like, I could pick up a bottle for you on the way home from work on Friday.

Thanks for the offer. Let’s see if when I call them they say there’s a place nearby that has it. Otherwise, sure, maybe. There is the online anonymity thing to think about though…

Yeah. Rhonely does seem pretty scary. Huh?

Naw. He and I have more than one common food interest. Possible good friends, or at least dining buddies.

Yep, better believe! Teen-ragers and Teen-angers made me scary.

“We are the people our parents warned us about.” Jaime Bouffet

Oooohhh…clandestine stuff. Could be cool.

Hey, let’s wait until I call the vineyard. Maybe they have it at Keil’s…

I’ll get back tomorrow.

============================

Added on 6/8: Well, the winery says that they’re no longer selling to Whole Foods, citing the challenge of dealing with buyers for big stores (“kind of like a revolving door”). Right now there are no retail outlets anywhere for Stehleon wines.

I guess I’m going to pass on this one for now.

You should just order a couple bottles from the winery or save the shipping and go out there. Not far from Stone Brewery, so you can make an afternoon of it.

Some of the wines at Vesper/Stehleon are also available in wine growlers.

Yes good point Steve, in fact some of the wines that they are sold out of in bottles, they still have for growlers like the Vesper Granche Rose for one.