Santa Monica Poke?

If I remember correctly, $15-18/lb. Depends on type of fish. Ahi, albacore or shrimp. The albacore was actually preferred by most, and it was in the lower price range.

Not a big Sweetfin Poké fan either. As Haeldaur mentioned, the fish quality is good, but my portion of salmon was stingy. And overall, the poke was bland.

My favorite poke is from Ohana Poké Co. in Silver Lake - far from Santa Monica. I haven’t tried their downtown location yet. I always get their sweet unagi salmon. For your sides, you can choose either kimchi cucumbers, ponzu glass noodles, or wakame seaweed salad, which is my go-to. Their salmon is very fresh and succulent and pairs beautifully with earthy edamame, crunchy wakame, and brittle dried edamame. I always add avocado and tobiko to my bowl. For me, they win with their harmony of flavors and textures.

1 Like

@J_L and @A5KOBE

Ditto on Kawamata Seafood

Authentic or not, me know not, nor care, but their garlic soy sauce is fucking maika`i loa.

1 Like

Nō ka ʻoi indeed, dude.

They also have a location in Cerritos if that suits your needs.

Kawamata is indeed great. The only problem for me is that he is not open that late and when I’m driving back down to SD, I am usually passing him past his closing time.

Poke Me…